Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weber 22.5" & Beer Can Chickens

Weber 22.5" & Beer Can Chickens

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Thu May 06, 2004 1:15 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

You also need to weld or rivet little flanges on the side that is the bottom. The ring rests on the lip but these flanges provide a lot more stability and you dont want the whole thing crashing down with your turkey on it. I think mine has 4. Even still, I think you might encounter problems with out of round at your seam.

Post Thu May 06, 2004 7:08 pm
miltguy rare
rare

If you can would you post some pics and tell us how you did it. My charcoal grill is square.

Post Thu May 06, 2004 11:35 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The rotisserie ring that fits on our friend Airfoils grill and all other 22.5: Weber grill is available directly from

www.weber.com

or from

www.amazon.com

Search for the Weber store.

I think most would agree that building rotiserrie ring for a square style smoker would most difficult.

I'm not even sure a usable one could be fabricated for a round or oval one. A-foils has valid points regarding the join areas being out of round, and the ears to keep it in place.

However I have a sheet metal fabrication shop down the street from me that specializes in making aircraft frames and the curved sheets of metal that form the skin of the plane.

They just need the diameter of the finished ring and they say they can match it close enough to be usable.

We'll see.

Let you know of the success or failure and also the cost if it works.

YB

Previous

Return to General Discussion