Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion rotisserie cooking whole hog

rotisserie cooking whole hog

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:39 pm
ramcharger80

Just wanted to repost this to see if anyone new might have cooked a whole hog on a rotisserie. I have a 5 foot electric rotisserie that I want to cook a whole hog on and all the info I have has come from websites, would be good if someone with experience doing this could give some real life suggestions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Heath

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:57 pm
RichD medium-well
medium-well

What kind of help are you looking for? Freinds of mine have a pig roast every year in the fall and I have been involved with the roasting.
They do thiers over a big pit burning a wood fire. Steve has a good recipe on page 42 of his book "Barbecue Bible Sauces, Rubs & Marinaddes" called Puerto Rican Pig Powder.

RichD

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:58 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Do a search, there's a thread around here somewhere that goes into details about pig roasts. Granted its not specificallyto a rotiss. but the concept is the same.
Good luck.

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:20 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Be sure your motor is rated to turn however much the meat you are cooking weighs. You wouldn't be a happy camper if your motor burned out half way through. Also, be sure to take your time to properly balance the spit.

Return to General Discussion