Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Homemade rotisserie grill from 275 gal tank?

Homemade rotisserie grill from 275 gal tank?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Hi I'm new to the site but love bbq.
I have seen huge grills made from a standard 275 gallon oil tank (like the kind in your celler) complete with rotisserie. Just fill the bottom with fire wood , put hunks of beef on the spit. Bam! the whole neighborhood smells of wonderful bbq, not to mention great flavor. I have even seen whole pigs roasted on one.

Anyway I was hoping someone here had seen some plans for such a grill on a website or something. Any help would be great. As I am in possesion of such a tank.

Thanks Pete.
63' "original"
73' 149 hydro

Airfoils well done
well done

Pete's bbq-n-tap room wrote:
Hi I'm new to the site but love bbq.
I have seen huge grills made from a standard 275 gallon oil tank (like the kind in your celler) complete with rotisserie. Just fill the bottom with fire wood , put hunks of beef on the spit. Bam! the whole neighborhood smells of wonderful bbq, not to mention great flavor. I have even seen whole pigs roasted on one.

Anyway I was hoping someone here had seen some plans for such a grill on a website or something. Any help would be great. As I am in possesion of such a tank.

Thanks Pete.

Welcome Pete, this will be fun to follow! Please share pix and keep a journal thread!

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:10 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I don’t know where you can get the tank, but you can get the Rotisserie parts from this site:
http://www.amer-rest-equip.com/autodone ... oner2.html
Please let us know how it turns out.

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:18 am

You have just reminded me!!!!!!!!Last year my wife and brother threw me an outdoor surprise 40th bday party.(what a blast) And my brother had borrowed someones grill ,made like I was telling you. One of my buddies had me take pictures of the grill with my digital camera.(I had a few sips off the keg by then) I completely forgot about them. I'll see if their still on the camera.
How can I post pictures on this site?

Pete
63' "original"
73' 149 hydro

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:36 am

I have the tank.

I also found the pix..............not sure how to post them..help?????

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:27 am
AndyC medium-rare
medium-rare

Anonymous wrote:
I have the tank.

I also found the pix..............not sure how to post them..help?????

You need to be able to upload them some place, if you don't have this capability, you can email them to me, and I'll host them for you.
My BBQ/Grilling log - http://catertots.net/

Return to General Discussion