Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Suggestions For a New Gas Grill

Suggestions For a New Gas Grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:25 am
harry_canyon well done
well done

Hoody hoo!! Enjoy!

(Nothing like getting a new toy... err... grill!)

Take care,

Derek
Always keep an open mind. But not so open that your brain falls out.

Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:22 am
Longmill well done
well done

Adding my congrats on your new purchase. You simply can't have too many ways to cook in the backyard. That includes side burners. :lol:

Let us know what you think after you fire it up.

Even though I primarily use charcoal, my old gasser does fill a need from time to time. One of these days's it's going to pass on to Q heaven. When it does, reading threads such as yours should make my decision quick and easy.

Longmill

PS: include pix with your review, if possible.
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:10 pm
767dvr medium-well
medium-well

Good luck with the new Weber. Weber customer service is great. My grill was blown over during a winter storm and my handle broke. I called weber to order parts and they said they would send a new one for free even after I told them the grill was blown over. I have had my Weber Silver C since 2000 and I love it. I do need to replace the flavorizer(sp)bars and thats about it.
Ed
Weber Silver C
new ECB

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:57 pm
BBQnMama medium-well
medium-well

I've got a Weber Summit Gold D and it's fantastic. I've found myself using my Traeger instead of my Weber(s) however. It's as easy as the Weber but the food tastes better.

That said, IMHO if you're looking at a gas grill Weber has it hands down. I've had numerous gas grills that ran about $200 a piece and each one lasted about a year. I did get my money's worth outta each one, however, since we grill about 4-5 times a week all year long.
Traeger Texas Style (BBQ075) w/ Cold Smoker
Weber Summit Silver
Weber Kettle

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:36 am
PaulP well done
well done

Triplem wrote:
Really...all you have to do is follow Webers suggestions on ways to prepare the food & their suggested cooking times...you can't go wrong!

Welcome to the obsession Marty! Since you're a real newby, you must get Steven's book How to Grill. It will introduce you to all of the various grilling techniques and provide a bunch of great recipes. Once you master the techniques, you'll be ready to move on to cooking so many different things on the grill!
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Previous

Return to General Discussion