Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Looking to Buy a Smoker

Looking to Buy a Smoker

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:27 pm
Papabear raw
raw

Greetings from The Great White North! (well, Calgary Alberta, Canada anyway)I'm looking to buy a smoker, and I'm beginning to realize that smokers and charcoal grills are a very rare (and I don't mean how I like my steak) item here in Canada. Most sales clerks look at me like I'm from Mars, and one informed me that they didn't have any grills that were charcoal, but did have one that was ceramic brick! Any way, I digress. I have located two smokers up here, both from Char Broil/New Braunfels. 1) is the NB American Gourmet Deluxe Smoker, and 2) is the Char Broil Silver Smoker. Could anyone out there give me some advice, or information on these two smokers? Any info on other resources in tracking down these elusive, nearly extinct beasts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
"If you can't smoke it, don't eat it!"

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:16 pm
PaulP well done
well done

Since I don't have a smoker, I can't help with the specific brands you mentioned. However, as to sources, look at E-Bay. THey have some on there now for what looks like pretty good prices.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:26 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Also try Amazon or one of the grill/BBQ specific websites. I can't tell you much about the two you're looking at but unless they're perfect for you, why settle. In the age of the internet and free shipping find the one you really want, not the one you can get.

Good Luck

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:42 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Papabear...Welcome to the board. Sounds like you have slim pickins up there. Anyway, try www.charbroil.com/ perhaps they can answer any of your questions about Charbroils. Good Lucck. :)

Pete

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:47 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Howdy Papabear, welcome aboard. I would check the manufacture's websites for technical info. They usually have the owner's manuals available for download. I believe we have a few members with the CB silver smoker, so if you hang around they may be able to help you with other questions.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:30 pm
Rick rare
rare

Try www.americasbestbbq.com, I ordered a Brinkman Cimarron from them years ago, and it was shipped to me within a week. A great smoker!

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:01 pm
MReynolds well done
well done

Of the two you mentioned, I would go for the CB Silver Smoker. Only because it has a larger cooking area, and has a storage shelf below.

I agree with the others. Why settle when you can get exactly what you want?
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:56 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Papabear,

Welcome to the Board. There are numerous links to smoker manufacturers in the threads here on the Board. Also a Google search will bring you many links to smokers. I own a Brinkman and here is a link to their pages. http://www.thebrinkmanncorp.com/products.asp

Return to General Discussion