Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BRISKET-LEFTOVERS

BRISKET-LEFTOVERS

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:47 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sound's great!

I like to trim off the burnt ends (the crunchy stuff) and use it to make a big batch of baked beans. Use pinto, black, red what have you just make sure you put a little bourbon in everything. And I mean everything (one).

My honey do list is keepin' me from my smoker so I'm gettin' antsy reading what you guys are concocting. You're killin' me!

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:22 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

See my post under Hungarian brisket; it’s a very good way to use up the leftovers.
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/view ... highlight=

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:52 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Smokey-bones, congrats on your first brisket!!! I'm happy to hear all went well. I'm interested to hear more about it if you would care to describe how you cooked it, and see any photos if you took some. :wink:

My wife likes a brisket omelet with onion and bell pepper when we have leftovers.

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:56 pm
PaulP well done
well done

A little OT here, but for anyone who hasn't tried it, Steven's Basic Barbecue Sauce from The Barbecue! Bible is fantastic. It has become our most-used sauce. My wife will no longer accept her former favorite KC Massterpiece. I tweak it a little by using more molasses and brown sugar because we like our sauce on te sweet side.

I make a big batch and freeze it in zipper bagged serving-size portions.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Return to General Discussion