Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Great Book, But Not Steve's

Great Book, But Not Steve's

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:16 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I know its blaspheme but while perusing my parents cookbooks this weekend I found a great grilling cookbook! It is from Williams-Sonoma, and is full of great ideas. Its not as user friendly as Steve's books but there are plenty of great pictures. Needless to say they are one cookbook less now. The description is as follows:

"Complete Grilling"

Today's backyard barbecue affords a wealth of possibilities for fine cooking—from appetizer to dessert. Edited by Chuck Williams, our grilling book is a comprehensive guide to outdoor cooking. Along with 230 home-tested recipes, it presents advice on everything from choosing the right equipment to starting the fire. Recipes include fish in grape leaves, butterflied leg of lamb, and portobello mushrooms on salad greens. Special chapters on salads and side dishes provide other tasty recipes that can be prepared ahead of time. Hardcover, 304 pages.

$23.50
Available at http://www.williams-sonoma.com.

Stripegrill: If you still have your gift certificates I'd recommend this one!

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:29 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

LOL! I have that one, I enjoy the Williams Sonoma books quite a bit even though they're way overpriced as they are.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:03 pm
elmtx rare
rare

I also recommend "The Great American Barbecue & Grilling Manual" by Smoky Hale for more advanced reading. Not a book filled with full-color photos, but a great look at everything from smoking to grilling and what matters and what doesn't. This is a book that will increase you understanding of the process from selecting meat, to understanding the cooker, to perfecting the cooking. It has a few choice recipes, instead of hundreds:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... VW6ZQ44UIN[/url]

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:54 pm
chagan well done
well done

For a real hoot, buy his video elmtx. He is quite a character, and he apparently cought a steer horn in his windpipe a while back. Needless to say, his voice is quite unique.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Return to General Discussion