Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Buying a grill online?

Buying a grill online?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:42 am
neednewgrill

Hi all love following the posts. ANyway, i was wondering if anyone has any good websites to order a new weber grill online. Of course the best online pricing would be great! any leads or maybe post how much you paid for your model and where you got it? Thanks again all! keep grillin'

Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:16 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Due to the bulk of grills, you'll probably find you can get them at a reasonjable price locally unless you want something custom like a Klose or something. That said, I bought my WSM on Amazon a while back when deals were abundant on the net. Listed is the Weber dealer locator and Amazon sites

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/dealer/criteria.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/br ... 51-5244065

Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:46 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Unless you get a steal of a deal the shipping will probably outstrip the savings.

It's a shame none of the warehouse mega jumbo stores offer anything by Weber.

However I did see a killer Brinkman charcoal set-up. Looked to be 36 by 20 and had a coal grate that could be cranked from about 10" below all the way up until it touched the cooking grate.

It was priced at $150.00 and was pretty heavy gauge steel.

Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:44 pm
dkirn well done
well done

I would say that you will not save any money buy purchasing the grill online due to the shipping costs. However if you do purchase online make sure that it is a reputable company - the downfall with the internet is that the only aspect that you see is the computer created website which only tells you what the company wants to tell you. I would suggest looking for a local speciality shop or talk to your butcher and ask where he would shop for a new grill

Just my two (ok three) cents worth

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:31 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Airfoils..I just learned something from your post. If I read the link right,the WSM ships for free from amazon. I guess the bargains are there on-line..just have to look for them, Thanks!

Pete

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:48 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Well first of all since I sell grills at Home Depot I'd be remiss if I didn't propose http://www.homedepot.com.
There are a lot of great buys out there on ebay too. Pay attention to the sellers feedback and the description of the merchandise. Decide how much you would be willing to pay for the grill and SUBTRACT THE SHIPPING AMOUNT FROM THAT FIGURE to come up with your maximum bid. If you win the auction and your happy with the item then you get a good deal.
I got my Jaccard Meat Tenderizer on eBay and I think its worth its weight in gold.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:49 am
Airfoils well done
well done

hickory pete wrote:
Airfoils..I just learned something from your post. If I read the link right,the WSM ships for free from amazon. I guess the bargains are there on-line..just have to look for them, Thanks!

Pete

Great! Well there ya go! Grab one whle the shippin's free! :D

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:54 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I bought my Weber Summit Gold D online from Amazon. I got a free shipping deal plus a coupon for $100 on my next amazon purchase to boot. That later tuner in a TIVO. Two of my favorite things! I'm a huge Amazon fan, they almost always put the free shipping feal on their grills from what I've seen. Pick your punch and wait for other incentives. Also look into their amazon card to save a few exrta bucks, if you don't mind one more credit card that is.

Good Luck

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:21 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

I bought Char-Broil CB940 Charcoal Grill from these folks ( http://www.grilllovers.com ) some years ago over the internet. It arrived damaged and it was a major hassle getting it straightened out. I simply gave up and used the thing with a bent ash tray drawer. I would certainly shop around to pick products over the net and then buy from a local dealer.

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:50 pm
PaulP well done
well done

From personal experience, you really can't go wrong with Amazon. Free shipppeng on any purchase over a certain amount, and they are a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately, specials on Weber grills are few and far between. I don't know how they avoid violating anti-trust laws, but they seem to have iron control over retail prices.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:28 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Come to think of it, it seems to me when I bought mine the free shipping on the WSM was a limited time and I had to get it within a specific time frame but then it was awhile ago. If they do it all the time now that's great. Besides grill stuff I guess you can tell I don't shop much :wink:

Return to General Discussion