Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Favorite fish or seafood meals

Favorite fish or seafood meals

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:03 pm
2beast medium-well
medium-well

Well, lent is upon us once again. For some of us that means meatless meals at least once a week for the next 6 weeks.
Not bad though, it makes me think outside the box and come up with some new creations outside of my comfort zone of pork, beef, and venison.
Tonight it is tuna steaks with a bit of butter and worcestershire sauce, hot off the grill.

What are some of your favorite fish or seafood meals?

Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:26 pm
PaulP well done
well done

We love shellfish, so I lean toward grilled shrimp or scallops. Also like grilled whole fish (whatever the fish monger has fresh.) Of course marinated salmon steaks.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:13 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

It’ll be fish for dinner every Fri for me too. I love grilled salmon; this is how I prepare mine:
1 large filet of salmon-boneless and skinless, Sam’s and Costco sell them for about $10
Rub:
1 tbs granulated onion
1 tbs whit pepper
1/2 tbs lemon pepper
1/2 tbs Black pepper
¼ tbs Chinese 5 spice
A dash of salt- the soy sauce is very salty, so you don’t need much salt
Marinade:
1/2 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon or orange juice
3 tbs of Molasses
2 cloves of garlic –minced
4 tbs extra version Olive Oil
Wash the salmon, pat dry and cover with the spice rub. Mix the marinade and place the salmon in it. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min. Do not exceed the 30 min otherwise, the salmon will be very salty.
Set the grill for direct grilling at med-high temp. Dry up the salmon and brush with oil. I usually use a basket to cook it, but you can use any type of grill as long as it’s well oiled.
Grill the fish on both sides until cooked to the degree of doneness that you like. Baste the fish with the remaining marinade through out the cooking time (make sure you boil it first).
Enjoy!

Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:40 pm
spfranz well done
well done

I have to put my plug in for Steve's Rum Smoked Salmon from How To Grill. What a great recipe. The first time I made it, it didn't make it into the house. I pulled a little corner off for sampling. The mistake was that my son and brother-in-law were present at the time.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:48 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Here is my absolute favorite grilled/ smoked salmon dish
http://www.roffee.org/grillsmokesalmon.htm

Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:11 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Boy I'm glad I don't have such restrictive traditions. Favorite seafood would have to be steamed lobster for me although I quite enjoy grilled as well. On the grill I really enjoy soft shell crabs. Make sure the grill is hot (high heat) and oiled. Oil the crabs with evoo and season with salt, pepper and some onion/garlic powder. Sometimes less is more but use whatever rub you like. Toss on grill for 2-3 minutes per side till bright red. Flip with spatula. Serve on a bun with tartar or a nice remoulade of your choice.

Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:18 am
chagan well done
well done

Every should know by now my ardent love of those little cridders called crawfish, so normally I like to make up a nice etoufe although I have recently learned that there are soft shell varieties of these morsels as well, so maybe when it is a bit warmer a nice crab, softshell crawfish, shrimp, lobster boil with some corn and potatos will be in order. (yet another great reason to own a turkey fryer!) There is a very small seafood store nicely located down the block from me where the owner travels every morning to Fulton's fish market in New York to pick up the freshest selections. Recently I bought a couple of filets of sushi grade salmon which I prepared, simply enough by rubbing it down with some olive oil, fresh dill, and a little white wine. 350 for 15-17 minutes- outstanding.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:22 am
Airfoils well done
well done

chagan wrote:
Recently I bought a couple of filets of sushi grade salmon which I prepared, simply enough by rubbing it down with some olive oil, fresh dill, and a little white wine. 350 for 15-17 minutes- outstanding.

Ahhh....sometimes less is more huh? 8) :D I'm a big believer in that philosophy.

Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:36 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Not me!! :lol: :lol:

more is more, less is...well....just less!

Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:47 pm
chagan well done
well done

That's true if we're not talking about debt :wink:

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Return to General Discussion