Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Bread

Grilled Bread

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:17 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I've been to the one in San Fran, CA.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:20 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Is the sourdough in San Fransico all that it's cracked up to be?
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:07 am
Airfoils well done
well done

You can get good sourdough bread anywhere. Your local baker probably does a good job. Sourdough is made from a living culture that grows in the refridgerator, so it's not region specific like grapes IMHO.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:07 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Airfoil,
I think people from San Fran would disagree with you. They claim their sour dough bread is unique. They say it’s the water and the air or something like that that makes it different. The bread taste great, and I have not had anything close to it here in Georgia. But you right about the starter, you can make sour dough bread anywhere.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:54 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

BBcue-Z wrote:
Airfoil,
I think people from San Fran would disagree with you.

That's ok, I could laugh and assert they're full of it too and then explain that the sky in Carolina is a prettier blue than anywhere else. I've been to fisherman's warf, been there, done that, passed on the t-shirt and enjoyed fine sourdough in NC. Unique maybe, better, not necesarily.
Last edited by Airfoils on Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:02 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Check out this site for outdoor wood burning bread ovens:
http://www.patio-kitchens-equipment.com ... ovens.html

Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:30 pm
chagan well done
well done

It probably is in the water, that is why they say the NY area is the best place to get bagels- same reasoning I guess. Yes to all those from elsewhere, believe it or not the NY area has great water and one or two trees as well. :wink:

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:44 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

You guys can believe SF has the best sour dough water on the planet and NY has the best bagel water on the planet or whatever, but for me I don't think it's in the water or air but in people's heads. With that said, excellent Texas BBQ can be prepared in NC and NC BBQ in Texas.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:03 am
chagan well done
well done

Wow, NC and Texas must have some really good water!

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:41 am
Airfoils well done
well done

chagan wrote:
Wow, NC and Texas must have some really good water!

LOL, nope, it's our special air! Everyone knows it takes special NC air to make good Q. If anyone is interested, I can send you some for a fee of course. :lol:

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:50 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Now here's a discussion that I can agree with. The air down here in God's country makes for some of the best BBQ in the world. And if you don't believe it just ask me again tomorrow! :wink:

Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:52 am
sharky medium-rare
medium-rare

Good Posts!

Try putting some Olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic on italian bread and toasting it face down on the grill, medium heat.

Once it's good and toasted, spread some room temp gargonzola cheese over it!
It's aweome!

If you have a little garganzola left over, top your favorite steak with it. You will love it!

Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:10 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Speaking of spreading cheese on bread.

Sam's Club around D.C. has had an asiago spread that when tweaked a bit with some fresh basil and cracked black pepper and crushed red just about disappeared this past weekend. Oh, God. Just how high does the cholesterol chart go anyway. :(

Rob

Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:38 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

YardBurner wrote:
Speaking of spreading cheese on bread.

Sam's Club around D.C. has had an asiago spread that when tweaked a bit with some fresh basil and cracked black pepper and crushed red just about disappeared this past weekend. Oh, God. Just how high does the cholesterol chart go anyway. :(

Rob

Yardburner, We just so happened to have the Sam's Club asiago spread, and tried your suggestion as soon as we read it. My wife and I both really enjoyed it. Thanks for the idea.

Pete

Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:01 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Your cardiologist thanks you.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion