Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion New Smoker

New Smoker

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:18 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Rick, it's possible to display pictures on the bulletin board (i.e. my signature!) but the have to be uploaded somewhere on the Internet, besides here. Once you have your picture uploaded somewhere you simply include the URL link using the IMG command (one of the buttons at the top when posting a message) while you are typing a message. This will cause the image to post in your message. Or just type the URL and it will be a link we can click to see your photo.

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:53 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

Rick sent me pics of his oven. It's amazing. Its like a shrine built to live fire cooking. Almost a religious thing. Are there already any threads about home-built grills, ovens, and pits? If not these pics would be a great beginning to such a thread.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:39 pm
Grillzilla rare
rare

I wanted to thank all for your advice. I ended up with the Char-grill Super Pro horizontal grill with the optional side firebox. It can be used as a smoker or large direct (indirect) grill. We did Stephen's Lord of the Que ribs and they turned out fantastic. The wife refers to it as "Smokasaurus". So with my new commercial stainless Charbroil Gas "Grillzilla" and "Smokeasaurus" we are set for the summer. A new deck addition is in progress for my cooking area. As a side note the neighbors are envious , as they should be.
"The more you learn to grill the less I have to cook" My Wife

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:52 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Grillzilla,

Congratulations on you new smoker! I hope that all the food cooked in it turn out as well as the ribs. And we'll be here just in case it doesn't. Are you keeping logs when you smoke? I recently began keeping cooking logs. They are quite helpful when trying to recreate success and avoid repeating mistakes.

You're either going to have a great grillin' summer or at least the makin's for a low budget Japanese flick! :lol:

Good luck with the new horizontal

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:15 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Grillzilla..Hope you get a whole lot of use out of that new smoker this summer.

Pete

Previous

Return to General Discussion