Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Super Bowl Plans

Super Bowl Plans

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:26 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Everybody knows New Englanders think BBQ is made in a pot with hamburger anyway :lol: At least they have beans figured out.

Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:54 am
Craig medium-rare
medium-rare

That is HARSH brother. True, but, harsh. If he were a true griller, he would rip down part of a nearby fence, throw it over a hole with a fire in it, and go prehistoric. Super Bowl with no grilled fare for the table? Preposterous!, even treasonous. (Just Kidding, I've been there before to, my grill died mid ribeye). Enjoy Airfoils, let us know how it was.
Craig

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:43 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Airfoils we're waitin' to hear how your trip when! Any tailgating?

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:32 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Well, my team didn't win but I was fortunate enough to view one of the most exciting Super Bowls in history first hand and am convinced it came down to who had the ball last. It just wasn't us. Oh well, our team is very young and most of them are signed for the long term and we have no cap problems.

On my way to the airport in Charlotte, I stopped in Lexington for some Mr. Brown and got to talk with the owners. When they realized I was a BBQ buff, they kept bringing food out for me to try. I've had some of it before but hadn't enjoyed their home-made cherry cobler before which was excellent with ice cream. Of course, they can claim the best hush puppies in the world IMHO. After I finsihed eating (which took awhile) they gave me a tour of the whole restaurant and let me take pictures which I'll post when I get back from Baja. They were very nice and friendly.

When I got to Texas, we got on a bus and went straight to the Super Bowl (Reliant Stadium) where we waited an hour and a half for the pat down and metal detectors. Once I got inside I circled the perimiter in search of some BBQ. I finally found some in the Astro Dome (it's right next door to Reliant) which was having a giant free party with live music etc. Unfortunately, the BBQ was of the production variety. I've turned out better Texas Q myself by a large margin. So, in the end, the best Q from my trip was from Lexington, North Carolina but I didn't really have a chance to go anywhere in search for Q in Houston. If I ever get back there I'll try to leave some extra time.

Overall I had a great time despite the loss and hope I get a chance to go to another to cheer on my Carolina Panthers!

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:13 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

You're right that was one great game. They both played well, and made for one of the best Super Bowl games in a long time. Looks like you were treated really well in Charlotte.

Pete

Previous

Return to General Discussion