Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Barbecue Show Case

Barbecue Show Case

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:21 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I've seen some pretty impressive BBQ on other websites and heard a lot of talkin' about the awesome Quein' going on 'round here.

I think we need a place to display some of our art ... I mean food. Not to show off or show up anyone but to share with all.

I encourage ya'll to post photos or links here as well. :D

Here is a link to some of the stuff I've done in the 10 weeks that I've been a member on the board: Pictures Here!
Last edited by Bob-BQN on Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:20 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Bob that some good lookin grilling!! Thanks for sharing.

I think you have a great idea for us all to share.

Especially when you think about the fact that consistently everyone says their favorite book of Steve's is "How to Grill" in part due to the great pictures. This could be a great way to suppliment the other books as well as our own recipes. A picture section would be great.

However it would be nice that for those of us who don't have a place to post the pics ourselves if we could send them to the site admin and he could post them for us. I bet you get far more pics that way. I know I would.

At least let us upload and store pic here instead of on our own or someone else's site.

So to our buddy Info@Workman...help us, make it happen.

I for one can't wait!

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:31 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Hey Bob, beautiful pictures.........and yes they made me hungry.

I think its a great idea to post pictures. I could make some space available on a site if anyone want to put a pictues up and doesn't have access to a web site.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:40 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Bob -

Great Idea and great pics and site! I have been trying to put some pics together of all that I have done. I will post a link shortly.

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:20 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Looks great Bob! I'm hungry already! :D Did you use skirt steak for your fajitas? What you have kinda resmbles what I get but I dunno I think maybe mine are cut differently and marbled more?

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:56 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

I am following Bob's suggestion. Here is a brand new web page with some of my 'que creations. http://roffee.org/bbqpics.htm

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:09 am
spfranz well done
well done

Hey Bob - nice idea and great pics. Always makes me wish I had a scratch-n-sniff monitor :)

I've had my web site up and going for a little while so there's a lot of stuff out there. You can find it at http://www.spfranz.com/Q if you're interested.

Happy grilling!

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:43 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Scott,
That's quite an impressive site you have. I started looking through it, and my mouth started watering from all of the great pictures. You mentioned that you would send the recipe via e-mail...well, my problem is which one first?? Obviously, you have been at this for a long time. I sure have a long ways to go to reach your level of skill. I may be taking you up on your for offer for some of the recipes. Thanks :) .

Pete

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:28 pm
spfranz well done
well done

No problem Pete, just let me know which ones you'd like. I think my favorite of anything I've ever made has been Water Melon Injected Pork Tenderloin. Unfortunately, my digital camera was out of town the weekend I made it so it never made it to my web site. Hmmm, guess I'm going to have to make that bad boy again!

Scott

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:46 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

spfranz wrote:
I think my favorite of anything I've ever made has been Water Melon Injected Pork Tenderloin.

Wow that perked my interest! Any particulars you'd like to share? Please? :D

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:03 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

spfranz,

I am totally impressed with your photography and grilling. Nice work. Like other, the wate rmellon inject pork sounds fantastic. I am hoping you intend to share the recipe.

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:08 pm
spfranz well done
well done

Here you go. It's from a cookbook called Cooking Fearlessly. It's the cookbook from the restaurant Hudson's on the Bend in Austin, Texas (sorry Steve).

Watermelon-Inject Pork Tenderloin with Watermelon Salsa

Marinade:
3 cups diced watermelon meat (yields about 2 cups of juice)
3 jalapenos (leave in seeds and veins for more heat, remove for less)
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup Midori liqueur (recipe says it's optional, but I thought it made the whole dish)
2 lbs pork tenderloin
salt and pepper

1. Seed, then puree watermelon and jalapenos in a blender.
2. Strain the mixture through a sieve and return to the blender. If you won't be injecting the tenderloin, don't worry about straining the marinade.
3. Add salt, sugar and Midori liqueur and blend for 2 minutes.
4. Reserve 1 cup for basting.
5. Draw marinade up into syringe-type injector. Poke and inject marinade throughout tenderloin.
6. After marinating, season the meat with some salt and pepper.
7. Have your coals prepared on the grill and use the combination technique of direct and indirect heat. Roll the tenderloin over the direct heat to establish some sexy grill marks and then move to a slower part of the grill to finish cooking.
8. Baste the tenderloin periodically throughout the cooking process. Finishing over indirect heat will allow it to cook without burning.
9. Cook the tenderloin to an internal temperature of 145. (Despite the warnings from your mother about cooking to 170, the truth is 137 will kill off anything that's bad for you). Allow the meat 5 minutes to rest, then slice into medallions. Fan across some Watermelon Salsa (below) for a great meal.

Watermelon Salsa

2 cups watermelon, seeded and diced fine
1 Granny Smith apple, diced fine
1 red onion, julienned
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 mango, peeled and diced
2 jalapenos, seeded and diced fine
1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
2 tablespoons sugar
salt and pepper to taste
2 limes, juice only
splash of rice wine vinegar

Combine all ingredients and chill well.

Hope you guys try it and enjoy it as much as we did!

Scott

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:41 pm
Dsorgnzd rare
rare

Here's a link to some photos of mine. One set shows a couple of pork butts I cooked some time back, from start to finish. Another details some of the modifications I made to my first smoker (Brinkmann Gourmet) to make it work better. The third set is a few photos I took at the Blue Ridge Barbecue Festival in Tryon, NC. Nothing fancy here, but maybe people will enjoy looking at them. http://community.webshots.com/user/dsorgnzd

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:26 pm
spfranz well done
well done

Nice variety of pics! I liked the massive amount of pork butts and glad to see you got the Kamado cooking team in there.

Scott

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:10 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Dsorgnzd..Great pictures. You guys are light years ahead of me. I can only hope to be able to turn out some great food, and perhaps, pictures one day. In the meantime, I continue to learn from all of you. Thanks.

Pete

Next

Return to General Discussion