Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion CHILI POWDER!!! WHICH ONE???

CHILI POWDER!!! WHICH ONE???

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:21 pm

Bob BQN
Thanks for the info, i've been talking with Gator Pit in Houstonand I really like his work.
Never looked at Klose's work though. Willhave to check it out!!
I liked the Backyard classic pit- 24 x 32 with the offset smoker. 1/4 pipe steel. they quoted a price of 895.00, but I'd like to modify the firebox to grill steaks also, so that went up to 1120.00. What do you guys think????????

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:23 pm

Bob BQN
Thanks for the info, i've been talking with Gator Pit in Houstonand I really like his work.
Never looked at Klose's work though. Willhave to check it out!!
I liked the Backyard classic pit- 24 x 32 with the offset smoker. 1/4 pipe steel. they quoted a price of 895.00, but I'd like to modify the firebox to grill steaks also, so that went up to 1120.00. What do you guys think????????

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:02 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

tealsandtails,

I have spoken with them about a similar model, the Backyard Classic Chef Smoker with Upright Smoke Box which they want $1795 for it. I also asked about Ritch's personal trailer rig and he quoted a price of $10,000. He has it so tricked out with accessories that it cost twice what some of his larger rigs sell for. It is out of my price range but I really like the design.

Over at Klose's, I like the Backyard Chef which is like Gator's Backyard Classic Chef Smoker with Upright Smoke Box.

I hope your hunt goes well!

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:18 am

Bob-BQN
Thanks for the tip. Seems like I've made my mind up. Going for Gator's. Hey by the way, LOVED your website!! That's also a first for me! Yea HATE NEEDLES TOO! But those lil' boogers sure do make a Turkey or chicken mighty tasty! :)
"BBQing warms the heart"

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:40 am
spfranz well done
well done

Gotta chime in here and say if you're going to spend that kind of money, you should look at a Kamado. Gas, charcoal, combination of either or both, temps way low, temps way high, does it all and looks cool to boot.

Just my two cents.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Previous

Return to General Discussion