Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Vinsect signing in

Vinsect signing in

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:23 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

Howdy Y'all,
Shout outs from the burbs of Hotlanta. I'm so glad this disc board is here. I've been looking for such a board for a while now. My wife got me How To Grill and I checked out the website from there.
My grillin biography starts off with campfire grillin in Boy Scouts as a lad. Dad had a Weber Kettle growing up but it was mainly used for steaks, bugers, dogs, and pork chops. I had no concept of everything that black sphere was capable of. Not realising how good I had it, I always wanted a gas grill. When I moved out on my own, my first room-mate had a gas grill. We both loved to cook and I used it quite a bit. Over the years, I've gone through about 4 gas grills, 2 of which I still have. How many people can relate to me on this one... I always wanted one of those sideburner grills and having had one for a few years now, I can't recall for sure whether I've even used it.
Anyway, I love to grill. I rarely do hamburgers. (No pun intended.) I love to experiment with new things to throw on the grill. If your going to make homemade pizza, grill it. I do veggies prettty often. My most experimental grill venture was making Spaghetti sauce on the grill. It turned out great and as I perfect the technique, I'll share more on that. I love pork tenderloins grilled too. Now that I have one of Steve's books I'd like to try something new at least once a week. For years I've wanted to do homemade lazagna on the grill. Anyone else done that here?
Late last summer I started working at Home Depot in the Grill department. Its a rough job but somebodys gotta do it. Sell the sizzle. This christmas Santa brought me a Horizontal Smoker. It's a Char-Broil Silver Smoker. I feel like I've just entered a new frontier. I look forward to travelling this frontier with all of you.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:41 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Vinsect - Let me be the first to welcome you aboard. Enjoy the insanty!

Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:28 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Vinsect -

Welcome to the board, we all look forward to the imput that you can offer.

By the way we will all expect to be the first to find out about new grilling stuff at Home Depot since we now have "someone on the inside"!

Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:47 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Vinsect,

And I will add my welcome. A nice place and good information. And fun. :lol:

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:27 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Vinsect,

It's great to have you join us! It sounds like you have a lot to offer and we look forward to your input. Tell Home Depot that you need to start a floor demonstration of each grill/smoker model in order to increase sales!!! :D

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:05 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

And discounts to your buddies on the BBQ Board!!
If we all buy through you we'll have you being the highest selling department in the store!!

Just make it worth our while :wink:

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:09 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Grand Scale,

Congratulations are in order for your fifth flame. Keep up the great posts!

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:51 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Vinsect,

Welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. A lot of good people here willing to share information. Looking forward to your participation.

Pete

Return to General Discussion