Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pork Loin End

Pork Loin End

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:18 pm
chefpilsy raw
raw

Hi,

My husband just brought home Pork Loin Ends for Barbecue - they have the bone in. Any suggestions on what to do with this?

Thanks!!

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:33 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Chefpilsy -

First of all welcome! We are all a bunch of grill and smoking nuts but everyone has alot of info to share. As far as the pork loin ends simply fix them the same what you would fix a pork loin or even a pork tenderloin. You really can not go wrong. The bone in will also add some great flavor.

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:08 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Not much different advice than dkrin. I would put some spices on them and put them on a grill far away from the coals or burner (indirect method), add some wood chips to make the gas burner smoke, if that is what you have ,and grill roast them until they are about 170 on ther inside.

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:19 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

A simple suggestion - Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Fresh Ground Pepper (coarse).

Thats how I did my New Years Day pork and sauerkraut. It's a New Years Day superstition for us PA Dutch folk. Boy did I get looks when I told people I was grilling my pork this year!

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:38 pm
PaulP well done
well done

I would suggest brining them in a brine of 3 qts water, 3/4 cup koshsr salt and 1/4 cup sugar. Put them in for an hour or two. Then indirect grill medium fire (~350 F) until instant read thermometer reads 140 F. Today's pork is very lean and will dry out if cooked to 150. Let thwem rest for 10 minutes before serving. You can add a spice rub before cooking, but if you brine, leave the salt out of the rub.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Return to General Discussion