Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Newsletter Poll Question

Newsletter Poll Question

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
When it snows, which do you shovel first: a path to your car or the path to your grill?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:29 pm

path to your car
17%
path to your grill(s)
83%

Total votes : 18

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:29 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

Find out why we're asking this question in the December Newsletter (coming your way very soon). Make sure you've signed up!

Info@Workman
Last edited by Info@Workman on Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:32 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

If the roads are impassable I still have to eat!
Grill First - DEFFINATELY!!

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:16 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Since both cars are in the garage, the path to the grill would normally be first.

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:30 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Cars and grils are under cover...if we get snow we go out and watch it melt. Image

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:58 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

A slight twist here. Our drive way usually needs the work of a plow -- its long. Yours truly shovels the grilling patio........ASIC......As soon as I can.

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:13 pm
dkirn well done
well done

I am with Grand Scale - if there is too much snow on the roads there still needs to be food in my belly - the grill usually get top priority since I have an Jeep and just drive over the snow on the driveway!

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:55 am
lbodi

Snow ,Sleet or Rain it is me and my BAR BQ. Nothing stops me maybe a tornado.
It could be a blizzard let it snow Im COOKING :)

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:16 am
ScottyB raw
raw

I spent my high school years in Apple Valley, Minnesota during the late 70's. The cold was memorable. One winter, my father was trying to kick some snow and ice off the tires of our car, but they were so brittle from the cold he kicked off a chunk of rubber off in the process. Yikes!

Out back he had a post mounted natural gas grill (I think it was a Charmglow). He didn't let no stinkin' snow keep him from barbecuing. Almost every weekend he'd fire up the grill whatever the weather. If it was cold he'd bundle up, put on his boots, and trudge trough the snow to go check on the meat. He was following the example of my grandfather, who (get this) installed a commercial restaurant gas grill in his backyard in the early sixties! He couldn't wait for the residential gas grill to be invented! I have a picture of myself standing on top of it at about two years old. He accepted the grill as payment from a restaurant that had folded. He was a butcher and had supplied the place with meat. When the restaurant went out of business, he got the grill, ran a gas line to the patio, put up a heat shield against the garage and he was good to go. He was a real pioneer. I have many memories of big, wonderful, family gatherings and parties out back with Grandpa grilling huge T-bones for a crowd. The cold didn't stop him either (I have the pictures to prove it). And of course, it doesn't stop me (but then of course I left Minnesota for California and never looked back). All I have to contend with is rain. You can bet though, if we had a freak snowstorm, I'd be out there carrying on the tradition!]

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
aikinsmike

I don't get it. Just kidding I live in so. California we don't get snow and I just smoked some ribs last night. Lucky me I guess sorry for you guys stuck in the cold. May your bbqing be great.

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:01 pm

:wink: OF COURSE THE GRILL.

Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:21 pm
DaveStauffer

1, If one knows it's going to snow, one will protect the grill at all costs.

2. You will need a path to the car so someone (who doesn't grill) can go out for more meat to grill.

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:00 am

When it snows, I shovel to my car, as my grill is under cover on my Deck. :P My grill is used 3-4 times per week all 52 weeks of the year, no matter what the weather.

Jim from NC

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:29 pm
homer

We always shovel a path to the grill(s) when there is enough snow to shovel. We also have a snow blower in case the going gets tough. GOTTA GRILL!! The cars can wait! Besides, the gray, gloomy days of our northwest Colorado winter are easier to ignore while enjoying the one single activity that for us is the epitome of summer tradition!

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:37 pm
Dsorgnzd rare
rare

Shovel? I have a roof over the path to the grill.

Seriously, my cooking spot is underneath the deck, further shielded by the fact that a canoe hangs above it. Neither rain nor snow ever touches the spot where my smoker sits!

Return to General Discussion