Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion How Do We Get More People To Post/Participate?

How Do We Get More People To Post/Participate?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:53 pm
dkirn well done
well done

I agree with Grand Scale - a moderator or two would help so that they can help with newbies

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:25 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Reading some of the posts made me realize another reason I like this site. Many, if not most of the other BBQ sites are dominated by discussions of Q contests and team news. I do scan several sites for information, but never post. I wish, but I don't see it in my future to be smoking in a competition in Nashville. I just like good discussion about grilling and smoking.

Steven, I do have one suggestion. How about another area where we can post recipes. Call it members recipes or something like that.

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:53 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Roff, that's another good idea :idea: . Since this site is growing and becoming more busy with posts, another discussion area for recipes only, would help organize and reduce any confusion. Good one!!

Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:06 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I personally would like to see some more of Steve's recipies. I know he wants to sell books too but he could easily post many of his recipes here too. If he shares them in detail on his show, they should be posted in detail here (the BBQU site is useless) too. Thats what I feel turns alot of people off, they come looking for a recipe they saw on the show, and its not here. I know that when I first registered I hoped that by being a member I'd get access to more stuff. Once the info is out or in print who cares. Look at food network, you can go there and get every recipe they've ever shown plus user enterd ones too.
If you want people to come to the site and keep coming to the site, you need to give them a reason. Other than our ramblings, no matter how informative they are.

That sounds alot like a rant but its just constructive criticism, I still love the site, especially the ramblings...

Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:54 am
hickory pete well done
well done

I went to the BBQU site back in June. That was the last time I was there. Nice looking, but no real information. Rambling is okay...we all do it.

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:26 pm
dkirn well done
well done

I, like most of us, stumbled on this site after watching the BBQU show and buying Steven's book. I came looking for more indepth info on techniques and recipes (kind of like food network) which I did not find, however I found this forum that seemed to have alot of like minded people without the "I am a BBQ Champion - So respect me!" attitudes. I love the forum and think it is great that we are trying to get more people posting, and the recipe idea is great as well since I think it is what most are looking for.

PaulP well done
well done

[quote="hickory pete"] So here's the question: How do we get more people to post or participate?[/quote

Pete,

I think you'll find that the ratio of posters to lurkers on this asite is probably similar to what is seen on other BB's. I think that the quality of the posts is more important than the quantity, and the quality is pretty good here. The signal-to-noise ratio is excellent too.

PaulP
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:00 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Well said..Quality is better than quantity. This is just to try to incourage those that are hesitant to post or respond to posts, and know that their comments are welcomed. There is a lot of knowledge out there that may seem insignificant to some, but very beneficial to others.

Previous

Return to General Discussion