Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cooking in the cold

Cooking in the cold

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:37 pm

Boy what a challenge here. I must admit to Grand Scale that, until the last couple of years, I have been pretty much a warm weather outdoor smoker/griller. And now, well I also must admit that I like to cook inside just as much as outside. And, here is why: http://roffee.org/kitchen.htm

I mean the grill on that Viking range just screams, except that I have to clean it when I am done. And, every time it’s cold and snowy, I think: “do I want this fish on the grill or sautéed with a nice pan sauce where I can play in my new kitchen?”

Now, as to those who live in climes without the weather Grand Scale and I are talking about, I have no sympathy. Nope none whatsoever. I mean why anyone would not want to drive to work in snow/sleet and freezing rain on top of some snow.

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:39 pm

The above message was from Thrroff. YEA!!!!! This place finally let me post something!!!

Sorry for the delay/

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:49 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Wow!! Roff that's quite a kitchen you have there. Can't say that I blame you for staying indoors during the nasty weather. Years back we had a Jenn-Aire that also had a grill. We turned out some pretty good dinners with it. It was vented outside and when we cooked, it used to drive the neighbors nuts. However, clean-up was quite a chore afterwards.

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:52 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Boy what a challenge here. I must admit to Grand Scale that, until the last couple of years, I have been pretty much a warm weather outdoor smoker/griller. And now, well I also must admit that I like to cook inside just as much as outside. And, here is why: http://roffee.org/kitchen.htm

I mean the grill on that Viking range just screams, except that I have to clean it when I am done. And, every time it’s cold and snowy, I think: “do I want this fish on the grill or sautéed with a nice pan sauce where I can play in my new kitchen?”

Now, as to those who live in climes without the weather Grand Scale and I are talking about, I have no sympathy. Nope none whatsoever. I mean why anyone would not want to drive to work in snow/sleet and freezing rain on top of some snow.

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:53 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

:oops: I am sorry for not posting earlier folks, but this place has not let me post anything in several days. Until now..........Go figure. Geeze......

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:20 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

With a kitchen like that I'd let you post too... Wow I'm green with envy. Simply beautiful. Next time I'm in D.C. I'm comnig for dinner!!

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:38 am
dkirn well done
well done

Roff -
Nice Kitchen! So when do we all get the chance to come over and use your new Viking Range???

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:56 am

I live in northern Minnesota. We have only 2 temperatures...cold and almost cold. Last night I grilled a corned venison roast(my own recipe). It was -12F and snowing outside. Sat in my lawn chair with my hot chocolate laced with pepermint shnapps....it don't get no better. BTW, if anyone is looking for a GREAT corned venison recipe, let me know and I'll post. It's to die for if you like corned meat.Taz

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:04 am

I live in northern Minnesota. We have only 2 temperatures...cold and almost cold. Last night I grilled a corned venison roast(my own recipe). It was -12F and snowing outside. Sat in my lawn chair with my hot chocolate laced with pepermint shnapps....it don't get no better. BTW, if anyone is looking for a GREAT corned venison recipe, let me know and I'll post. It's to die for if you like corned meat.Taz

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:22 am
chagan well done
well done

Very impressive, I must say- but what is wrong with this picture.....?

http://roffee.org/oct20a.JPG

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:42 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

It's not in my house???

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:03 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Looking out of the windows, It's a pretty summer day??

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:19 pm
chagan well done
well done

Excellent catch Pete :!: , but there is more......

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:44 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Hmmm, What is wrong? While it is a nice summer day -- the picture was taken in September 2001, if one looks closely outside, the smoker is smoking.

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:25 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Nothing wrong with that picture...makes me wish we could have some of that weather back again!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion