Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Newsletter Coming Soon: Questions for Steven

Newsletter Coming Soon: Questions for Steven

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi all,
Those of you who have signed up for the newsletter can look for it in an in-box near you later today. For an upcoming issue, we'll be interviewing the man himself, and this is your chance to get a question answered.

So please put your questions for Steven here. No promises on which ones will be selected or answered.

Info
Last edited by Info@Workman on Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:15 am
Longmill well done
well done

I watch your series every chance I get and have 6 of your books. Eventually hope to have all of them. :) This brings up my question.

In your travels, I'm sure you've experienced a lot of open fire cooking. Have you considered doing a book devoted to this method? In addition to camp ground cooking, many people are adding firepits, fireplaces, and such to their backyards. And, as you know, there's a wide range of methods/techniques from simple rock firepits to elaborate masonery structures. And, there's so much more than roasting marshmellows. FWIW, I believe you'd find a wide audience for such a book.

I'd be interested in grilling, baking, tripod cooking, dutchovens, spit roasting, just to mention a few topics.

Longmill

PS: See the thread below that poses a question along these lines about Campfire Cafe. http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4881
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:48 pm
Jackalope well done
well done

Steven, I like Longmill's question on open fire cooking, and would like to put in an addendum slightly related....perhaps, if we're short of certain basic utensils (be it foil, tongs, chimney starter, matches, certain types of fuel or, electricity! etc), or ingredients, what things can we do to improvise "in a pinch"? For as prepared as we all usually are, there's something we need - and no time to run to a store to grab it. A handy substitutions manual would be great.

Return to General Discussion