Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Lobster Tails

Lobster Tails

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:28 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The wife and I celebrated our anniversary last night with Lobster Tails on the grill. This was a first and boy oh boy were they good. If anyone is looking for a sspecial occasion dinner I highly recommend these!

Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:53 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Grand Scale,
That sounded like a nice anniversary dinner idea. I was going to post a new thread about grilling ideas for lobster, but since you started one already, this would be perfect for this one.

Every Memorial Day weekend we have a lobster boil at our cottage for the whole Family. It includes lobster, mussels, corn, potato's, chicken breasts, smoked sausage, and all the side dishes. We started doing this in 1992 after celebrating our 25th anniversary in Maine. The party has always been a success, and very easy....everything goes into the boil pots. I dig a hole, throw in about 30lbs pounds of charcoal, and put two large boil pots on the fire.

After becoming part of this group, we've decided to start cooking everything on the grill, starting at the get-together in 2004. After reading about grilling lobster in the "how To Grill" book, we're looking for ideas for pulling this one off successfully. Whole lobster vs, lobster cut in half. Seems to me that the whole lobster would be more pleasing to the eyes for some. Any ideas would be appreciated, right down to the trimmings. Since this is new to us, I hope we're not going to ruin a good thing, but we're going to try it anyway. I should add that everyone enjoys the grill.

Pete

Return to General Discussion