Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Chile Grill

Chile Grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:40 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Oh, Yeah!

Mine's taller!

Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:40 pm
chagan well done
well done

I wish I waited YB, I have the 12 pepper cooker that I think cost 25-30 bucks. Should have waited for the grand daddy- heck I may go ahead and buy it anyway. I'll just get the wife something cheesy for Valentine's day. Perhaps a cream cheese popper will do. What do you think guys?

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:10 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You probably shouldn't be talkin' here about poppin' cream cheese with the wife.

That's just too much information.

Two different chili grills will make it easier to tell different fillings apart.

Try seasoned (your choice) cream cheese mixed w/ minced chipotle chile's, cilantro and chopped shrimp.

I've gotten to where I just chop everything up together.
Then I use a sugar cookie press fitted with a large pastry bag tip to fill the peppers.

Chopped shrimp, chives and beaten eggs have also been a winner.

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:25 pm
chagan well done
well done

Ever since I experienced my first Crawfish some years ago, shrimp just doesn't do it for me anymore. It's ok, but when I can, I will substitute with the crawdaddy. So what do you think about using the crawfish instead of shrimp in your popper recipe? And don't think that I forgot about the Allspice wood, still waiting for a supplier from you :wink:

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:38 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Part about what I love with poppers is the experimentation. Go for the crawfish. Absolutely. Let us know how you make out. I'm really enjoying using different types of peppers right now. My wife loves the cherry peppers.

I'm still a little afraid to try the P B & J popper though....

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:47 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

We've also discovered recently that the chili grill is not limited to hot peppers. We had guests that weren't accustomed to spicy foods so we bought some sweet "designer" peppers in a plastic box. The peppers were long and thin like a jalapeno but sweet like a bell and came in red, yellow & orange. They were a great "mild" appetizer. Me, I prefer the jalapenos!

Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:23 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

YardBurner wrote:
www.chilepepper.com/

GrandScale try this and see.

Yes I'm a chile head and no I'm not quiet.

Hehehe, it's not cause you're a chile head. It's because you're from Maryland! Maryland lies right between West Virginia and New Jersey, the best of both worlds; the conclusions are easy to reach :P :lol: j/k

I got mine today. You guys dissapoint me with all of this "what wine to use" talk. The only answer is a good Reposado or Anejo! :twisted: Aint that right Tex? Uno mas cerveza!

Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:50 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I fired up a batch of cherry peppers stuffed with sweet sausage and shredded cheese last night. Wow were they good. I may have a new favorite.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:38 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Good thread GS! Even if you use gas and drink wine with chiles, I'd sit at the same table with you....the far end! hehehe 8)

Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:15 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Had a great first batch and learned quickly why everyone is saying they should have gotten a bigger chile grill to start with but for my wife and I the 1 dozen job works well. Also, I found the best tool for coring the peppers to be an OXO oyster knife. It worked a lot better than the pairing knife or corer for me. There was much less risk of ruining a pepper by cutting through the side.

Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:53 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Now I may be alot of things but I am NOT a wine drinker! I AM a Beer and Single Malt Scotch Fan. I do drink just about any whiskey. I sometimes drink tequila. I've even been know to drink vodka. But NEVER wine.

I do cook with gas though.

Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:46 am
chagan well done
well done

Airfoils Wrote:
Maryland lies right between West Virginia and New Jersey,

Don't you mean West Virginia and Delaware? :o

Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:26 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Chris, I believe he meant North-East Texas! :lol:

Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:57 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

When did they make Deleware a state? :lol: I thought it was just a suburb of Jersey? :lol: If you draw a line on a map, Maryland is between Jersey and W Va. and yes, Deleware as well. Unfortunately, I'm a MD native :( But I've spent most of my life in NC. As soon as I was of age, I got out of there quicker than Grand Scale can burn a hotdog. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion