Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Chile Grill

Chile Grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:56 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Okay, I'm convinced..I have to have the Happy Jalepeno Grill. I put this on the Christmas wish list. If it doesn't show up, I'll still buy it.

Pete

Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:18 pm
dkirn well done
well done

You will not regret it - They are great for making little snacks, especially for football games!

Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:34 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm begining to think I should sell these things myself! or at least get a comission from the other folks. They've probably sold more to the guys on this board than they did all year!

Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:03 am
dkirn well done
well done

Grand Scale -

I was going to tell you that you need to contact one of these vendors and try to get some bulk pricing so that you can resell to everyone that you have enticed with your chili grill post!

Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:09 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I thought about marketing the one that I had made, but then I thought that it would be unfair for me to steal the idea from these other guys who are already selling them. Thats their business I'll leave it to them. Plus I'd feel like a jerk self promoting something that I was selling on the board. Thats not the purpose of coming here, I've seen boards ruined by advertising. I just thought I'd share what I thought was a pretty darn cool product.
My reward is to know that you guys thought it was a cool as I did and that I could share the joy.

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:08 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Tried out my new Chili Grill last night!!! :D I love my Chili Grill!

Smoked cheese, jalapenos, and bacon on top. The simple pleasures of life.

It has one small problem...it only holds twelve peppers. If we have guests I'll need another Chili Grill. :lol:

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:28 pm
chagan well done
well done

I've used mine once so far, but I didn't pay attention to the temperature recommendations. I used pepperjack cheese and backed at, I think 375 for one hour. I had a bunch of little volcanoes in my oven- great for a science project, but a bit messy for snacks. They were quite tastey though. Just gonna lower the temp to 350 for 45 minutes and check. I do think that I am going to need another one or maybe two more- twelve is a nice snack for me. :o

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:31 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm so glad that you guys are liking these toys. I'd hate to have my good name tarnished by bad advise! I agree that 12 is just a tease. 24 is more like it but then it still better be a small group. When I made my grills I made them 24 each and by going with the rectangular utilitarian design I don't have any wasted space on the grill and can fit several at a time. I had a new batch made for Christmas as gifts but still kept a few for myself, so quantity is no longer a factor for me.

I've also since changed my cooking style a bit. I've backed the heat down to about 250-300 and I start at 1 hour minimum. I found that a few batches just lit me up the old way and this takes a bit more of the sting away. I like spice but there was one batch that was simply painful!!

Trying bananna peppers stuffed with calamari and parmesean cheese this weekend.

Again it makes my day to know you guys are as thrilled as I am!!

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:55 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I was just telling a guy at work about my Chili Grill and he said a friend of his did something similar with an aluminum baking pan. He said they turned the pan upside-down and punched 1” holes in it and used it for a chili grill. It’s simple, temporary, and would work great in a pinch to handle unusually high demands. But I still want a second Chili Grill! :D

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:36 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I don't know about you guys but boy would my wife be P.O.'d if I put 1" holes in her baking sheets. It an ingenious idea though.

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:14 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

GS, hopefully you'll use one of those aluminum foil, throw aways if you try this :wink:

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:23 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

See Bob thats why you are the smart one...I would never have thought of that! :oops:

The way my mind works is to go out a design the whole shooting match out of stainless.

But then again I didn't choose "Grand Scale" for no reason.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:28 am
dkirn well done
well done

Well it is nice to see that the Chili Grill topic is back in action. I have now added 2 more chili grills for a total of 4. They are perfect for appitizers and so easy to make. My wife wants me to bring them anythime we go to someone's house.

Grand Scale - Great suggestion. Many thanks!

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:17 am
Vinsect well done
well done

This references a couple of earlier posts on this topic. Grand Scale asked “By the way does anyone have any recommendations for dousing the spice fire other than bread and milk?”
Well, Peanut Butter works well for me. Also there’s a German white wine that cleans heat off the palate well too. I always have it with my Cajun deep fried turkeys. It’s called Gewurztraminer. I always get compliments on it from guests too.

Grand Scale later mentioned Peanut Butter with the peppers. “PB & J Poppers, that could be a treat. Let me know how they turn out.”
Has anyone tried that one yet?
Personally, I think an Elvis variation might work better than Jelly. Chunky Peanut Butter and Bacon stuffed in a jalapeño. Maybe some cheese too?

I don’t have a pepper grill yet, but can’t wait to try it.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:15 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Man if I served white wine "to cool the palate" with my chili con carne you'd be bombed by the second spoonful!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion