Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons

Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sun May 24, 2009 1:21 pm
ubbergubber medium-rare
medium-rare

I would love to get complete sets.
Ya' never find the really interesting stuff on a greatest hits album.

My question is, if the time, effort and money have already been spent in making the episodes in the first place why not put them all into publication for sales?
"Fire up the grill cuz huntin' aint catch 'n release!"
.. Ubber gubber .. murph..

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:55 pm

They just started showing BBQ U in my area, and Primal grill (twice a day on average) not too long ago. No more than ever, I want the DVD. I found it on the site so I just need to break down and buy it.
A bbq is only PARTLY about the food. It's MOSTLY about getting together and hanging out in the backyard with friends.

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:31 pm
primetime34 medium-rare
medium-rare

Just an update...I haven't been able to find any willing partners here on the site, but I have started digitally archiving every episode I can find. So far, I have parts of seasons 2 and 4 and by the end of the summer I should have most of the episodes. What can/should be done with it then, who knows?

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:49 pm
BBadMonkey medium
medium

I guess I missed it when (if) it ran here. I emailed my local pbs about BBQU or Primal Grill, but I never got a reply.
CG Super Pro with SFB & Side Burner
'48 Willys pick-up

Post Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:25 am
primetime34 medium-rare
medium-rare

4th of July marathon on Create (which is a PBS sub-channel here)...they're showing all of season 4 of BBQU. Hope you all enjoy your 4th.

Post Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:04 am
stickman medium
medium

Lucky you - I really want the DVDs now because I can't seem to find the show anymore. I had been watching it on Maryland Public Television for a while, but the cable company moved that to a digital channel and I only have basic cable so now I can't see the show at all except for clips on YouTube.

I went to the schedule web page for the BBQ U TV show and it doesn't look like it is even broadcast in this area anymore. Maybe it is operator headspace, but I can't find the show anywhere now.

Does anybody in the DC/VA/MD area know where we can see the shows?

Stickman

Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:39 am
primetime34 medium-rare
medium-rare

Now I have all of season 3 except for episode 3...New England..if anybody has this episode, please, please let me know. Thanks.

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:07 pm
riggins44 medium
medium

I think this is a great idea. Rarely on in this area so would love to have the DVD's. This would be must see TV.

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:57 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'd like to add another suggestion here too.

How about Volume 2 of Primal Grill Season One? Right now the Season One DVD only has seven episodes of that season, and that's only half the season. I actually feel a little bit disappointed as I saw two of the episodes that weren't on that DVD and they were great.

The way I see it is this: you wouldn't want to buy only half a season of Lost, now would you? So why not offer the second half of Primal Grill Season One? (And while I'm at it, why not include all of the episodes from Season Two on the new Primal Grill Season Two DVD set instead of half oF that season as well?)
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:54 pm
BBadMonkey medium
medium

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
The way I see it is this: you wouldn't want to buy only half a season of Lost, now would you?
I don't understand why they did it that way, but I refuse to buy a partial season. I've never seen any of Steven's shows, but I would like too.
I'm not buying a DVD tease though.
CG Super Pro with SFB & Side Burner
'48 Willys pick-up

Post Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:19 pm
primetime34 medium-rare
medium-rare

Well as I'm still not sure about the legality of sharing the shows that I have, I now have at least half of seasons 2-4 of BBQU and all of season 1 of Primal Grill and the first half of season 2 of primal grill. I hesitate to share the primal grill episodes because I'd like to see them finished being released on DVD...BUT if it's not going to happen, then I think the combined power of the community here should be able to get every episode of BBQU and primal grill for everybody to watch, relive, and learn from. Like I've mentioned before, if anybody has any episodes on their DVR or VHS tapes, or recorded to a DVD, please let me know so we can compare notes. Thanks!!

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:34 pm
kh6kine raw
raw

Yes, my vote is to have BBQ - U available on DVD - ALL of the episodes, besides "The Best Of". I love the Grill Cam that seems to be missing from "Primal Grill" (Yes, I have that DVD set, too.)

Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:36 pm
dsimpson raw
raw

Add my name to the list ! None of the stations I have on the dish carry BBQ-U or Primal Grill, but would love to seem them both and see them all! :)
CG Smokin Pro
Weber Silver

Post Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:06 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Hey guys! I haven't posted in ages but what better thread to come back on than this.
I would love to see DVD sets for each season. It's so obviously a great idea, I can't understand why it would require a petition or discussion.
Lets see if we can get these puppies cranked out by Christmas.
Chop chop!!!
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:01 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Man o Man, have you been gone a long time or what!!?!?

Glad to see ya still kickin'!!

Don't be a stranger, V!

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion