Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion remote thermometer - accurite or nutemp

remote thermometer - accurite or nutemp

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:33 pm
cmcadams well done
well done

Well I have to say that I'm not happy with my nutemp thermometers... they're reading all over the place... one probe is causing readings in the 350 degree range for chicken that was actually around 150.
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:54 pm
cmcadams well done
well done

I got it from nutemp, and got the upgraded probes.
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:02 am
weekend cook well done
well done

Curt, sounds like a defective probe. Ive had 5 probes now and when they were working, they read temps pretty accurately.

tbh690, I know what you mean. I was indirect cooking BCC and had the wires running over the smoker box of my Summit D, got the HHH signal within minutes. Now I run the probes out the vent in the back of the grill and not over any heat source. Havent had any problems. These wires cant take any type of direct heat.

As to your original question, if you need something to meaure food temp when you are direct cooking, see my comments above. I dont have an accurite so I cant vouch for their claim. If I am smoking or indirect cooking, I like the multi probe function.
Louie aka Caveman Cooking Over Fire.

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:27 am
weekend cook well done
well done

You can try and see if it'll work again, but most likely, its toast. You can call and try and return it, but if the wire shows any signs of overheating, they will not replace it. I had to buy new probes.
Louie aka Caveman Cooking Over Fire.

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:43 am
hrchdog well done
well done

I love my nu-temps, all reading good and no problems, gonna pick up some other kind to monitor pit temp cause I usually have these in some kind of meat on the smoker. Seen on another forum were a guy found accu rites for like 7 bucks at biglots.
Wes

Return to General Discussion