Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Beer Mop Sauce for Brisket, anyone have the recipe??

Beer Mop Sauce for Brisket, anyone have the recipe??

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
BBQ lover

I am new here and just found this site!! We are from Texas and LOVE to BBQ but have NEVER been able to make a good brisket! I saw the show when Steven made the DELICIOUS looking brisket that literally fell apart and I am dying to try it!!

I have the recipe for the rub but can not find the recipe for the beer mop sauce. If anyone has it I wuld REALLY appreciate it greatly!!

Thanks!

starpacker medium-rare
medium-rare

BBQ lover wrote:
I am new here and just found this site!! We are from Texas and LOVE to BBQ but have NEVER been able to make a good brisket! I saw the show when Steven made the DELICIOUS looking brisket that literally fell apart and I am dying to try it!!

I have the recipe for the rub but can not find the recipe for the beer mop sauce. If anyone has it I wuld REALLY appreciate it greatly!!

Thanks!

On page44 of How to Grill, the recipe for the vinegar-beer mop sauce is as follows:

1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup beer
1 Tbsp garlic salt
1Tbsp brown sugar
1 tspn hot red pepper flakes
1 tspn black pepper

Combine ingredients in a non-reactive bowl until salt and brown sugar are dissolved.

I hope this helps ya.

Have fun and good eatin'.

Allen

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:45 pm

Thanks so much for the recipe!!! I am ordering the book ASAP and I can not wait to get it!! I will be a grilling fool, but I know it takes a while to get here and I am somewhat confused about the steps.

Can you tell me the steps I follow to get it all going?? I was thinking of makeing it tomorrow and dont know if I need to marinate it tonight and what steps do I use to cook it.

I owe ya one!!!

Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:47 pm
starpacker medium-rare
medium-rare

Rinsde the brisker under cold water, then pat dry. Cover all surfaces of meat with rub, then cover and let stand in fridge 4-6 hours (or you can let it sit overnight or use it right away. Set grill up for indirect cooking with a low heat. Place brisket fat side up in aluminum foil pan, and place on grill away from heat. Place your wood chips on coals or over burner. Cover grill and let cook slowly until tender (about 6 hours,) basting with mopp sauce every hour for the first 4 hours. Also add Chips and charcoal, if using it every hour. I like to wrap the brisket in foil at 4-5 hours and let it steam in it's juices. When done, remove from gill and let rest on cutting board 10-15 minutes, then slice thinly across the grain,and serve.

Tip: Teans don't got too much for sweet sauces, and the most popular sauce is the meat drippings mixed with some ketchup.

Good eatin' and have fun. You don''t owe me a thing, just be ready to help spmeone else someday :D I may need to ask you a question sometime.

Allen

Return to General Discussion