Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Thermometer

Thermometer

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:33 pm
Ed Clark

Looking to buy a digital thermometer to use in the grill with the probe in the meat and the wire and readout on the outside. Any brand names recommended?

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:30 am
Lisa_N rare
rare

I have one that I bought from Pampered Chef for about 45 bucks. I can't say that I have used it inside my grill yet, but it's a great reliable thermometer. Or type digital thermometer in your search engine and see what comes up. You'll probably be able to find a good one cheaper than mine.

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:32 pm
Tommy raw
raw

Try this link http://www.barbecue-store.com/ they have just about everything you need.
Hope this will help Tommy

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:27 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Ed Clark wrote:
Looking to buy a digital thermometer to use in the grill with the probe in the meat and the wire and readout on the outside. Any brand names recommended?

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it works really well. It's called a Grand Gourmet Thermo Fork. It allows you to set the digital readout for the type of meat you are cooking, also how cooked you want it. It beepes and blinks when it hits your desired setting. Since it is a long handled fork, the drawback is that you have to open the grill to take a reading. It was given to me as a gift, and I believe it is less than $15.00.

Pete

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:45 pm
egkor rare
rare

Hi,

Target has a Taylor digital thermometer/timer, with wired remote probe, for $16.99 or so. I've seen the same basic unit (same functions) for $20.00 to $30.00 elsewhere.

I saw the "Polder" version of this unit at "The Great Indoors" (fancy Sears) for $20.00, that would be my second pick.

-egkor

Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:29 pm

the polder model is good but the manufacture recomends that the cooking temp. never exceeds 250 degrees to ensure long life of the probe.
eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we'll die

Return to General Discussion