Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion What are you growing in your garden? 2014

What are you growing in your garden? 2014

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Seattle-Q well done
well done

I only have a balcony so 1 cherry tomato plant and a pepper plant :(

BubbaQue well done
well done

Like you only a deck. I've got one tomato plant surrounded by basil plants. Fresh marinara sauce.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Trollby well done
well done

I have Oregano and Chives that come back each year in my garden.

Will be planting Roma tomatoes, Green beans, Hungarian Sweet Peppers (yellow sweet banana peppers), Basil, and Italian Parsley

bbquy well done
well done

I'm growing cherry tomatoes in my earth box this year.
currently: Jenn-Air 48,000 btu gasser, CG-Outlaw w/sfb, (2)Weber 22" Performer Gold, Weber Q

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

We'll grow herbs and tomatoes on the deck again this year, if it ever warms up! :lol:

There are some black walnut trees in the yard and they're lethal to a lot of garden vegetables.

timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

tomatos and some peppers tomatos for fried green tomatos love thoes things also maby some beef steak tomatoes not sure about thoes ive herd theay dont have much flavor
TIMS BBQ

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I have around half an acre to dig and rebuild this year. Looks like I might not get anything in the ground as this was the coldest April in recent memory up here (and it's only 37 F today, too!).

But if anything goes in, it'll be whatever seedlings I can get my hands on. So that might be a lot. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

jayeffel well done
well done

So far only horseradish- been in three years with no harvest-plenty there just didn't harvest. A few volunteer onions, and returning chives and sage so far. Haven't turned the ground over yet.
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

jayeffel wrote:
So far only horseradish- been in three years with no harvest-plenty there just didn't harvest. A few volunteer onions, and returning chives and sage so far. Haven't turned the ground over yet.

Onions are on my list as well, since I have 3 bags of onion sets to plant this year. But I guess they're conscripts, not volunteers. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion