Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion greeting from AUSTRALIA

greeting from AUSTRALIA

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:02 pm
elpaulos rare
rare

Gday from Australia...... Looking forward to reading and writing to my new clan. This is a GREAT website. Can't find the books over here though!!!!!!
When the bosses meet out the back of the courthouse.....You know people are gonna get clipped!!

Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:09 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

elpaulos,
Welcome to the board, we’re glad you joined us…WOW all the way from Australia.
I’m not sure if Amazon.com ships your way, but give them a try; they do have all Steven’s books.
www.amazon.com

Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:26 pm
cruzinguam medium-rare
medium-rare

Welcome Elpaulos, I know you will enjoy this site. You’ll find quite a number of friendly BBQ pro’s sharing some very unique ideas, experiences and recipes.

BTW, we are fairly close neighbors (compare to most on this site), I reside on the island of Guam which is 4~5 hrs from Australia. The company I work for (DFS Galleria) operates several Duty Free retail shops in Sydney, Cairns & the Gold Coast; hopefully one day my travel plans will include Australia, heard it’s a nice place to visit.

Happy grilling mate and look forward to you sharing some BBQ tips from down under!
steve cruzinguam

Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:13 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome! I have learned a lot here. This is a great group to be a part of. :D

Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:12 am
Leatherneck well done
well done

cruzinguam wrote:
I reside on the island of Guam which is 4~5 hrs from Australia. The company I work for (DFS Galleria) operates several Duty Free retail shops in Sydney, Cairns & the Gold Coast; hopefully one day my travel plans will include Australia, heard it’s a nice place to visit.

GO MAN GO! I went to Sydney and Townsville in 2003 courtesy of the USMC and LOVED it! If I ever moved out of the US, it would be first on my list of places to live. The people were friendly, and the scenery was awesome. And the funny thing was, about the only bar we went that served Foster's was our hotel bar. And we went to a lot of bars. :wink:

Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:16 am
cruzinguam medium-rare
medium-rare

Wilhison,
It’s been in the planning stage far too long, just a short hop away from Guam, I also know quite a few mates (thru my job) who visited my island and it’s time for me to go visit theirs. BTW we have direct flight to SYD, so if your future journey take you thru my part of the world (mainland~Hawaii~Guam~SYD), drop me a line and I’ll arrange a transit BQQ island style that you’ll never forget!

Happy grilling from Guam, where America’s BQ day begins. Got to go, BBQ baby back ribs on the Barbie w/ a great sunset in the horizon. 8)
steve cruzinguam

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:06 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Weclome to the board elpaulos! :D

We always enjoy having long-distance friends on the board. Maybe you'll have some local tips that can enhance everyone's cooking or some great Que stories to share. :wink: Great to have you aboard.

Return to General Discussion