Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Just some steaks

Just some steaks

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:50 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

With Mrs. Chicken and I being empty-nesters for a couple of weeks, last Thursday I decided to make dinner a little nicer than usual by grilling a couple of rib steaks.

I remember that years ago many restaurants used little wooden paddles that indicated a steak's doneness and sometimes they were used to pin onion rings to the meat, but since I don't have any of those paddles I had to use wooden skewers instead. On the plus side they were very handy for some mushrooms as well!

The only paddles I'd need would be the "Rare" ones! :lol:

We definitely eat better when the kids aren't around! :wink:

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:50 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

Nicely done ... and presented. Love the old-school steakhouse "onion ring and mushroom" treatment..
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:50 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Brad, I'm not sure if there's such a thing as "just a steak", but those look fabulous. I remember those wooden paddles as well, though the places I ate at switched to plastic after a while. The skewers look more fun anyway. :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:54 am
sroach well done
well done

Just some steaks he says... LOL

Nicely done!!!!, and you guys like them medium rare huh?

I was recently introduced to Pittsburg medium at a steak house, Charred on the outside medium rare on the inside, I am going to try and get that method down at home.

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:16 am
BBQ Deputy

Thanks!

sroach wrote:
and you guys like them medium rare huh?
The redder the better! :lol:

Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:33 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Oh, my. Note to Workman Publishing: please schedule a stop at Brad's house for dinner!

SR

Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:27 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

BEAUTIFUL STEAKS HAD ME UNTILL THE MUSHROOMS LOL I EAT ONE OF THEM I WILL BLOW UP BIGGER THEN I AM ALLREADY LOL HAVE YOU EVER HERD OF BLACK AND BLUE STEAKS CHARED ON OUTSIDE STILL COLD IN THE CENTER HAD A FRIEND THAT LIKED THEM THAT WAY .
TIMS BBQ

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:23 am
BBQ Deputy

Thanks, Tim! Occasionally I get pretty close to "black and blue", especially if I don't take the steaks out of the fridge until the moment the grill's ready.

Return to General Discussion