Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Lidia's stuffed hamburgers

Lidia's stuffed hamburgers

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:39 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Recently I saw the episode of Lidia's Kitchen in which she made stuffed hamburgers and decided to try them on the grill.

I started by combining the ground beef, sun-dried-tomatoes, and other ingredients into a big ball.
Image Image

The stuffing is mozzarella cheese and basil. I chose to shred the cheese so that it would melt more easily than if it was in cube form.

I wound up way overstuffing the burgers and was concerned that most of the cheese would leak out, but most of it managed to stay inside.
Image Image

The burgers were good and the sun-dried tomato added extra flavor and a little bit of sweetness. And because the basil was kept inside by the cheese it stayed nice and fresh as well.

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:38 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Those look awesome, Brad! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:34 am
sroach well done
well done

Seriously good looking burger Brad, you like them well done huh?

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:44 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's the tradeoff for a burger with cheese on the inside. Otherwise I like them pink!

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:48 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
That's the tradeoff for a burger with cheese on the inside. Otherwise I like them pink!

Good point. It didn't occur to me until recently that stuffed burgers had to be pretty well done to cook the innards. I like 'em pink as well, as long as I've ground the meat myself.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:55 am
sroach well done
well done

Ahhh that's what you meant.. good tip..

Return to General Discussion