Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Things are starting to thaw

Things are starting to thaw

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

...and the garage where I do my grilling is now having some flooding issues. :( This has been one of those winters where if it's not one thing it's another...

Anybody else having issues with wet weather making it more difficult to cook?

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:23 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Just the opposite here... We don't have enough water. My heart goes out to you, brother. What a gnarly winter for so many!
Got beer???

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:51 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It's been a little rough but at least around me too much water is better than not enough since I'm not in a flood plain and the farmers need the moisture to get the crops off to a good start. Hopefully California and the other drought-stricken areas will get some good rain soon!

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:42 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
...and the garage where I do my grilling is now having some flooding issues. :( This has been one of those winters where if it's not one thing it's another...

Anybody else having issues with wet weather making it more difficult to cook?

There's a high-water advisory on all rivers and streams up here because we had a lot of snow followed by several unseasonably warm days, but right now it's in the 50s and partly cloudy. I still have several areas in the yard under 3 feet of snow, but that's down from 4 feet a few days ago. Other parts of my yard are dry land.

So it's been a totally normal winter, in other word. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion