Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Bone In Ribeye Steak

Bone In Ribeye Steak

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:10 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

My father was a meat cutter, and growing up, I never really wanted steak. He brought them home frequently, so it wasn't really a "treat" to have one. I actually liked hot dog night more than steak night. :lol: But I've gotten over that and it is very nice to have a big thick steak every now and again. ;) My wife requests steak more than anything else I grill up. This one was about 2.5 inches thick, so my wife and I shared it.

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:06 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's too weird...we had steak only a couple of times a month when I was growing up! :lol:

My father-in-law was also a cutter at one point and when I started dating Mrs. Chicken and eating dinner at her house I learned a lot of new things about beef and pork.

That ribeye really looks nice. I get a couple of boneless ones with my yearly beef order but have to buy the bone-in ones at the store or the butcher shop.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:11 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Shazaam! Your steak is pretty, Dyal. Seems like all I ever got as a child were frozen pot pies, The legendary TV dinners, and S.O.S. (tuna in mushroom soup) on toast-- great motivation for me to learn to cook! :lol:
Got beer???

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:18 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I recall having steak several times a month when I was growing up - mostly because it was my job to cook it. But those steaks were usually round steaks or sirloin steaks, so I didn't often see a t-bone or rib-eye. And filet mignon? Well, that was just wrong because it was too small and the hoity-toity pretentious rich folk ate it. :twisted:

But now? My favorite steak is still a bone-in rib-eye, done like the one Dyal cooked above. (Nice pics, Dyal!)
And since the t-bones in the store are usually too thinly cut, my second choice is the above steak's next-door neighbor: the chuck-eye. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:23 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

King of steaks as far as I am concerned. Yours looks great!
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Return to General Discussion