Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cold-Weather Grilling

Cold-Weather Grilling

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:46 am
JuliaBBQB User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

Does a little (or a lot) of snow stop you from getting to your grill? We hope not. Make sure you stay safe this winter by reading Steven's cold-weather grilling tips:

http://barbecuebible.com/2014/02/04/embrace-cold-weather-griller/

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:06 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It isn't the snow as much as it's the subzero temperatures. And by "subzero" I mean thirty degrees below zero. I used to grill on cold days like that when my grilll was on my apartment balcony, but now the grill is across the yard. On frigid days like today (-25 C) now I usually just open a can of soup. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:30 am
Seattle-Q well done
well done

I grew up in NY and CT and as a family we grilled year round. I was the youngest so I was the one who had to watch the grill and run back and forth from the kitchen door, down the stairs and across the patio in who knows how cold of a temp. Probably in the teens and twenties degree area during the winter. I think that really started my love of cooking.

I still dont mind it today. We have a more of a moderate climate in the PNW so it is really no big deal now.

Post Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:25 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last night I did something I hadn't done in ages: used the George Foreman grill for pork chops. I just didn't feel like trekking back and forth to the garage!

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:04 am
sroach well done
well done

Negative degrees does play on the time it takes a ceramic grill to get going.. LOL

Return to General Discussion