Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Your favorite smoker?

Your favorite smoker?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:24 pm
Strike BBQ medium
medium

I have owned several different smokers over the years. Including, WSM, offset stick burner, gas vertical smoker, and a Komodo style Bubba Keg. I recently purchased a pellet smoker (Rec Tec Grill). Since buying the Rec Tec, the consistency and quality of my BBQ has gone through the roof. I see why the pellet smokers are becoming more and more popular.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:10 am
bbquy well done
well done

Strike BBQ, I took a look at this smoker(the Rec Tech Grill). It's pretty awesome! I wouldn't mind owning one! There's nothing but positive reviews on it. Thanks for the info.
currently: Jenn-Air 48,000 btu gasser, CG-Outlaw w/sfb, (3)Weber 22" Performer Gold, Weber Q

Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:28 am
bbquy well done
well done

I have a CG Outlaw w/ SFB but prefer to do most of my smoking on my Weber 22" Gold. I would also love to own a Weber Ranch. Do you have any extra hanging around from your BBQ University or Primal Grill shows that you might want to sell?? :D
currently: Jenn-Air 48,000 btu gasser, CG-Outlaw w/sfb, (3)Weber 22" Performer Gold, Weber Q

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:54 am
Griffin well done
well done

I've gone through tons of smokers and gas grills and I've got to say for set it and forget it, the BGE is my favorite. Especially if you connect a pit controller to it (I use the Flame Boss). Toss in a brisket or a butt at night, go to bed with no worries. Wake up the next day, pour a cup of coffee (or bloody mary or mimosa) wander out to the patio and give it a little check just because and still doing good. Lunch will be served soon enough if you can wait that long.

All that being said and done, I do enjoy when I go down to the ranch wheeling out my old Brinkman offset smoker, firing it up and pulling up a chair with a cold one. Not a care in the world and I can't be bothered to do any work that will take me away for longer than 30 minutes because I have to be nearby to keep an eye on it. Maybe sneak in a quick ride around the property on the Gator to see if we can spot any deer or pigs or other wild life or just because its fun to do. Haven't tackled a brisket on it since we took it out there over 4 years ago because I don't want to monitor the smoker that long and I do enjoy and need my beauty rest, but its nice to sit back and smoke some ribs or a chicken or a Prime Rib like we did on Christmas this year.

But through any smoker in front of me and I'll make the best of it and be happy. Any day smoking is better than a day working in my book.

:cheers:

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:35 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

lostarrow wrote:
About 15 years ago we made an homemade smoker @ hunting camp.
Luckily 1 person was an experienced welder.
It's not perfect, we've had to modify a lot to fix mistakes, only has had a thermometer for 3 years, but lots of fun.
Looks perfect for a hunt/fish camp! Has it been pretty durable over the years?

Previous

Return to General Discussion