Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ Playlist

BBQ Playlist

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:45 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

What's on your playlist when you fire up the grill? Mine is highly eclectic and it varies from grill session to grill session. But you'll always find Bob Dylan, the Boss, and Lou Reed. (Yeah, I'll miss him, too.)

Here's my autumn playlist and you'll get to meet Dylan's bass player, Tony Garnier. What tunes are must when YOU grill?

http://barbecuebible.com/2013/10/29/barbecue-playlist/#.UnBj6BY5vFI

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:59 am
BubbaQue well done
well done

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Bros, Joe Bonamassa, Johnny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepard. Love southern rock and the blues. I also like some New Orleans funk.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's quite a widely-varied list! I generally don't listen to anything unless the radio's already playing, in which case it'll usually be a baseball game or one of the local station's weekend '70s programming. It'd probably be different if I grilled closer to the house but since I use a detached garage my standard routine is to do what needs to be done and then go back inside, especially if it's winter.

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:56 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

I've got about 4000 songs on my IPod. You name a genre and it's probably on there - wait - I have no opera. I like to set it on shuffle and let it rip.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:38 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Cactus1 wrote:
I've got about 4000 songs on my IPod. You name a genre and it's probably on there - wait - I have no opera. I like to set it on shuffle and let it rip.

I've got about 300 GB of tunes on my media server at home, and I lost count of the number of tunes at 25,000 or so. But I'm the same way in that I've got everything but opera.

Being a former blues man and a former bartender, my tastes run toward classic rock, electric blues, and alternative rock. BubbaQue's picks are all on one or two of my playlists too.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:28 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Six or seven years ago, when I first started to play with it, I thought ITunes and the IPod were great. Just under 4000 is all that fits in my IPod but somewhere around 6700 in my ITunes library. IPod is the only Apple product I own. I'm now Android with Samsung products. Bought a 64 gig memory card for my tablet because I thought I'd be able to transfer the ITunes over - not worth the time or expense. I put new music that I want to keep into Android and I'm probably around 1600 or 1700. I also will do Pandora and TuneIn Radio.
One thing I really like with Samsung is I got the Galaxy Tab 2 as a gift last Christmas, bought a Galaxy S4 phone and a couple days later a Samsung laptop. All the apps from the tablet synched auomatically to the phone and laptop when they were registered.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:52 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Cactus1 wrote:
Six or seven years ago, when I first started to play with it, I thought ITunes and the IPod were great. Just under 4000 is all that fits in my IPod but somewhere around 6700 in my ITunes library. IPod is the only Apple product I own. I'm now Android with Samsung products. Bought a 64 gig memory card for my tablet because I thought I'd be able to transfer the ITunes over - not worth the time or expense. I put new music that I want to keep into Android and I'm probably around 1600 or 1700. I also will do Pandora and TuneIn Radio.
One thing I really like with Samsung is I got the Galaxy Tab 2 as a gift last Christmas, bought a Galaxy S4 phone and a couple days later a Samsung laptop. All the apps from the tablet synched auomatically to the phone and laptop when they were registered.

Some Samsung products are great, but some aren't. The Samsung Flight phone is one of the latter. Never heard of it? No surprise, as it was pulled from the shelves about 3 months after it was released (and I bought one the first week it came out). That was about the time I learned to do my homework online before chatting to any sales reps. :evil:

I worked for Dell from 2004 to 2008 and at that time they had great products. In fact I still own 2 of their MP3 players and they still work fine after 9 years. They were rebranded Creative Labs devices, so that might explain it.

I've got an iPhone on the way (because I get a great deal through work ) to replace the crummy Samsung Flight soon, and I'll be switching cell providers as well. But what I really enjoy is the iPad 4 that I'm using through work. I just got it 2 days ago, so I've got a lot to play with yet.

My only big complaint is its lack of external storage and it's lack of compatibility with the software used on enterprise networks based on Windows (which is what I support for a living). Fortunately I've got a good home network and a decent media server so sharing between devices is easy. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:16 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

I'm still somewhat techno-challenged and I probably will always be. Wife bought our 1st generation Samsung tablet when they first came out but neither one of us really explored it's potential. When I got my Tab 2, I let it sit for a couple of weeks before I started to play with it. Pretty soon I was wondering can I do this or can I do that. Found apps for most of what I wanted to use it for. Still playing with Windows 8 - I'll get it all figured out sooner or later.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion