Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cooked ribs on Pit Barrel Cooker

Cooked ribs on Pit Barrel Cooker

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:11 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds like you're jumping in with both feet, Hump!

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:55 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Sounds like you're jumping in with both feet, Hump!

That's the only way to do it isn't it Brad? Going to be hitting Neal's Chop Shop tomorrow where we went when you were here beside the BBQ place. Right now I still have the time to watch the grill unfortunately so just going to watch the grill in between looking for job links.
Jeff,
Green Mountain Grills Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker - TBD
Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:42 pm
BBQ Deputy

Neal's is a nice store! Very easy to spend some $$$ there...

BTW, my friend Bob moved back to the Chicago area from Batesville. He misses the fried chicken. :wink:

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:01 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:

BTW, my friend Bob moved back to the Chicago area from Batesville. He misses the fried chicken. :wink:

We are going to have to go down there some weekend and try them out, you said Wagner's at Oldenburg right?

Picked up a 12 pound packer at Neal's and got a pair of Ove Gloves from the hardware store because as hot as this barrel gets inside with that blazing charcoal basket sitting in the bottom, I am thinking regular pot holders won't cut it once I get the rods out and the meat wrapped in foil. Also bought a 2 pack of Kingsford 13.9 # bags of charcoal and I think the basket will hold about half a bag so that should last the entire cook and then some. I have enough charcoal for 2 or 3 cooks. Looking to do the brisket probably tomorrow, I have someplace to be at 10 AM then after that I was planning on firing Barry up and having brisket for supper. I am looking forward to trying that Butcher BBQ injection and rub. Hoping that it isn't too spicy or peppery, smells pretty good and I tasted a pinch of it to see how it tastes. Tammy even says it smelled pretty good.
Jeff,
Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:45 am
BBQ Deputy

Based on your brisket thread it sounds like you did fine!

Yes, Bob and I ate at Wagner's last year, and this year I had chicken at Bonaparte's Retreat in Napoleon. I even stopped at Lurton's in Commiskey, which we talked about at lunch last year.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:41 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

jhumpert wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:

We are going to have to go down there some weekend and try them out, you said Wagner's at Oldenburg right?

Picked up a 12 pound packer at Neal's and got a pair of Ove Gloves from the hardware store because as hot as this barrel gets inside with that blazing charcoal basket sitting in the bottom, I am thinking regular pot holders won't cut it once I get the rods out and the meat wrapped in foil. Also bought a 2 pack of Kingsford 13.9 # bags of charcoal and I think the basket will hold about half a bag so that should last the entire cook and then some. I have enough charcoal for 2 or 3 cooks. Looking to do the brisket probably tomorrow, I have someplace to be at 10 AM then after that I was planning on firing Barry up and having brisket for supper. I am looking forward to trying that Butcher BBQ injection and rub. Hoping that it isn't too spicy or peppery, smells pretty good and I tasted a pinch of it to see how it tastes. Tammy even says it smelled pretty good.

That is going to make for a really great cook, I believe. I'm looking forward to the results almost as much as I imagine you are. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:08 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
That is going to make for a really great cook, I believe. I'm looking forward to the results almost as much as I imagine you are. :D

Believe me it did make for a really great cook and the pictures are on the boards right now for your viewing pleasure if you want to see the end results. Came out absolutely freaking awesome. I love this PBC.
Jeff,
Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Previous

Return to General Discussion