Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Naming your grills

Naming your grills

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:17 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 5693
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
I've thought about naming my grills but I could never come up with anything I liked. So currently they're just named after the model of the grill. I call them "Outlaw", "Gasser", "Smokey Joe", "Toolbox" and "BioLite Campstove Grill". Not very original, I know. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:21 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

Posts: 327
Location: Greensburg Indiana
CharredGriller wrote:
I've thought about naming my grills but I could never come up with anything I liked. So currently they're just named after the model of the grill. I call them "Outlaw", "Gasser", "Smokey Joe", "Toolbox" and "BioLite Campstove Grill". Not very original, I know. :D


I like those names though, they seem to fit.
Jeff
Char-broil offset smoker- Freenie, Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry
Image

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:36 am
Leatherneck well done
well done

Posts: 898
Location: Florida
Griffin wrote:
Mini and Large. I know, I'm not very creative.

Image


Fat Man and Little Boy?
Image

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:51 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2268
Location: Southern Californy
Okay, I'll bite.

I have a CharGriller SuperPro with the offset fire box. When I first got it, I showed it to a friend of mine. He admired it and said it looked like a "choo-choo train!" I thought no kidding, he was right, especially with the smoke pouring out the top vent. Thereafter, it became known as "The Choo-Choo Train" or "Choo-Choo."
Got beer???

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:06 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

Posts: 327
Location: Greensburg Indiana
beercuer wrote:
Okay, I'll bite.

I have a CharGriller SuperPro with the offset fire box. When I first got it, I showed it to a friend of mine. He admired it and said it looked like a "choo-choo train!" I thought no kidding, he was right, especially with the smoke pouring out the top vent. Thereafter, it became known as "The Choo-Choo Train" or "Choo-Choo."

Thats a cool name
Jeff
Char-broil offset smoker- Freenie, Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry
Image

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:26 am
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1118
Location: Warrington, PA
My wife will always say Steve is over by "Big Green" or he is in his "Happy Place" so I guess one of those could be a name. LOL


Image
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 am
jhumpert well done
well done

Posts: 327
Location: Greensburg Indiana
sroach wrote:
My wife will always say Steve is over by "Big Green" or he is in his "Happy Place" so I guess one of those could be a name. LOL


Image

Nice setup
Jeff
Char-broil offset smoker- Freenie, Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry
Image

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:47 am
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1118
Location: Warrington, PA
Thanks Jeff,

Pretty happy with the end result.
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Previous

Return to General Discussion