Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Happy as a Clam

Happy as a Clam

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:31 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

And you will be too when you try these grilled clams with preserved lemons and jalapeños! http://barbecuebible.com/2013/08/05/clam-meets-grill/#.UgAnMhY5vlI. What's YOUR favorite shellfish to grill?

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:10 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I like the sound of that recipe but with jalapenos it'd never go over in my house; fortunately there are lots of other ways to grill clams. I just have to make the drive into Madison to find some.

But the real question is, who here doesn't know what The Twist is? :lol:

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:53 am
Griffin well done
well done

I'd have to say char grilled oysters a la Drago's in New Orleans. Haven't perfected it, but got it down pretty close. That or mussels.

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:36 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

We mostly grill shrimp with the occasional lobster tail. We've never really been into clams, oysters or mussels.

Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:27 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So are clams mostly a northern Atlantic/Pacific product? When it comes to southern waters, especially on the east coast and in the Gulf, it seems like the focus is mostly on oysters.

Although I did see an episode of "Mexico: One Plate at a Time" where they were harvesting "chocolate" clams (named from the color of the shell, I presume) from the Gulf of California.

Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:31 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:

Isn't The Twist that new Rosie O'Donnell show? :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:47 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
I like the sound of that recipe but with jalapenos it'd never go over in my house; fortunately there are lots of other ways to grill clams. I just have to make the drive into Madison to find some.

We ain't that far apart - meet in the middle - families back to one of our houses - you and me to the other.
They can eat their bland stuff - we'll do these clams, I'd be good for 4 or 5 ... dozen! How about you?
I know where to get clams, oysters, mussels, etc around my house. Plus we can always play around with one or more of my goofy experiments that usually turn out pretty good.
You can even bring the guy from Madison, but only if he walks or hitchhikes to Stoughton. No fair, and not sporting, if he drives to your house or the I90 exit where you meet up. :mrgreen:
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion