Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Tomorrow's July 4 - what's cookin'?

Tomorrow's July 4 - what's cookin'?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:43 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

This morning I asked Mrs. Chicken what she wanted for tomorrow and after I listed hot dogs, burgers, pulled pork, etc. she said we should just have the 2 racks of ribs that're already in the freezer - why buy something to cook when we already have plenty to choose from, right? :wink:

Anybody hosting a party, cooking at someone else's, or showing up with something from the grill?

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:51 am
Trollby well done
well done

Was at Hy-vee on East Washington and noticed they had some nice looking fish so going to give that a try since like I said my favorite fish distributor went out of business.

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:37 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Don't know where - here or kid's house - just going to grill hot dogs, open cans of Bush's Best, and potato chips. In-store bakery or Baker's Square apple pie for dessert. Will buy a good vanilla ice cream and/or sharp cheddar for the pie.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:15 am
BBQ Deputy

Sounds like you have a good day planned out, Cactus. A simpler menu that'll allow you to have more time with the family.

I put the ribs on around 7:30 this morning so we can eat by early afternoon. After Mrs. Chicken leaves for work I'm heading to the driving range. :wink:

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm
BubbaQue well done
well done

Raining bad here. Thankful for a screened porch. Three racks of BBs going on the WSM.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:58 pm
jstewart well done
well done

I have a tri-tip that has been in marinade since yesterday and some corn on the cob to put on the grill in a little while. My wife is going to fix some cole slaw and one my younger son's friends is going to join us.....
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:19 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Sounds like you have a good day planned out, Cactus. A simpler menu that'll allow you to have more time with the family.

I put the ribs on around 7:30 this morning so we can eat by early afternoon. After Mrs. Chicken leaves for work I'm heading to the driving range. :wink:

Fun day but cook not as planned - Local multi-ethnic grocery where we buy most of produce has choice beef tenderloins on sale for $5.99 lb. - I'd planned to go get one. Got a nice 5 lb.'r. Friend that was coming for dinner was not up for hot dogs. Ended up slicing 2/3 of the roast into fillets and vac packed the other 1/3 for another time. Bought deli potato and macaroni salad and precut cole slaw - made a vinegar & olive oil based dressing. At least I got my store bought apple pie for dessert (with a nice slice of Wisconsin sharp cheddar melted over).
Tenderloin is really nice - going back tomorrow for another - I might even get two!
Hot dogs, chips, and Bush's Beans will be tomorrow's dinner.
Cooked today on an old CharBroil 26 3/4" Magnum that I was cleaning up and seasoning the cooking grate for a niece. Just added some fresh charcoal to the scrap charcoal, that I had cleaned out of my other Webers. Haven't used this grill in 7 or 8 years. Stored my Weber charcoal holders, some extra cooking grates, and grill brush in it. She knew it was her's if she ever got it off my deck. Her brother is coming on Saturday to pick it up.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 pm
BBQ Deputy

Spare grills are great for storage, right? :wink:

Good deal that you're passing the Char-Broil on to the younger generation. And if you have the freezer space, why not go big and get 3 tenderloins?

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:55 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Spare grills are great for storage, right? :wink:

Good deal that you're passing the Char-Broil on to the younger generation. And if you have the freezer space, why not go big and get 3 tenderloins?

Now it will grill again!

See my other post ... Going to be an ice cream makeing fool in the very near future!
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion