Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Quick Steak Dinner

Quick Steak Dinner

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:48 am
Griffin well done
well done

Only in Texas can a cold front come through and drop the temperatures to the upper 80's, but that's what we had yesterday so we took advantage of it and grilled up a quick steak.

I hear that hibiscus aren't supposed to last through the winter (except for down in South Texas and warmer climes). Tell that to the one we've had for 3 years. It didn't make it through this past winter, so Mrs. G picked one up Sunday. Got our first bloom on it yesterday.

Ok, now onto that steak. Ribeye with Red Eye Express (that's what the Mrs asked for) cooked at 600F for 2 minutes, rotated and another 2 minutes, then flipped and cooked for another minute. Pulled it off, put in the AR and cooked it on the top level for about another 2 minutes.

Let the steak rest and cooked up some zukes

After about 10 minutes, I checked the steak. Overshot my mark. It was at 136.8, was aiming for 135. Close enough. ;)

Served it up with some mashed taters. Really hate those brown plates. Doesn't make the food look quite so appetizing and you really can't tell how pink the steak was, but it was done perfectly to Mrs. Gs standards and as a reward for all my work I got the bone side. :)

Just realized this morning that I missed the June block party for steak. Whoops. Somehow we went a whole month without cooking steaks, how did that happen? Oh well. We'll get in the July party.

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:32 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

A whole month without steak? You must've been busy! :lol:

Looks like you got a really nice crust on this one!

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:43 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Griffin wrote:
After about 10 minutes, I checked the steak. Overshot my mark. It was at 136.8, was aiming for 135. Close enough. ;)

Awww - too bad. So the steak was too well done then? :D

That is one very fine looking meal indeed, Griffin! Is that just S+P on the zukes?
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:34 pm
QJuju well done
well done

Hard to beat steak... looks tasty!

Return to General Discussion