Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion It's Friday - what's doing this weekend?

It's Friday - what's doing this weekend?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:18 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Anybody got any big cooks planned? Or even small ones, for that matter? I need to rummage through the freezer this afternoon to see what catches my eye...

Trollby well done
well done

Looking like the next few weekends are Graduation party weekends so I wont be cooking much at all :(

Kebabs for tonight; chicken tikka and a sort of middle eastern lamb. Serving with a pistachio and almond rice pilaff, I think. To be honest, I should be cooking right now, the kids need feeding at the very least (plain grilled chicken and pepper kebabs), and the rice is still in its container. *oops*. Also, I think I am low on gas, so i might start up a chimney starter as a stand by.

Laters, peeps!

*drains wine glass, surveys kitchen, hunts for motivation*

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Going to try a few different things with steak and pork chops this weekend. I'll post pics if they're good. If not, they'll never be heard from again. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
Going to try a few different things with steak and pork chops this weekend. I'll post pics if they're good. If not, they'll never be heard from again. :twisted:

Ding, ding, ding!-- That's CG with the correct response everyone. Or at least I mean, I'd sure like to hear of beefsteaks on folk's agendas. As long as you want to, of course. I'm still an "iffy" at this point, depending on how well I feel. :bbq:
Got beer???

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Wokking up some Thai food tonight on the grill. That's all I have planned as of now. But I want to eat at Kitchenangel's house instead! You gave me a serious hankering for Mediterranean food. :P
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
CharredGriller wrote:

Ding, ding, ding!-- That's CG with the correct response everyone. Or at least I mean, I'd sure like to hear of beefsteaks on folk's agendas. As long as you want to, of course. I'm still an "iffy" at this point, depending on how well I feel. :bbq:

Well, I might try something with lemongrass and coconut milk, too. I'm interested in trying some of the Malaysian recipes from Planet Barbecue since I'm all out of the PB marinades I bought last year. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
beercuer wrote:
CharredGriller wrote:

Well, I might try something with lemongrass and coconut milk, too. I'm interested in trying some of the Malaysian recipes from Planet Barbecue since I'm all out of the PB marinades I bought last year. :D

Most looking forward to it, CG! I so appreciate the possibilities of coconut milk. Such a wonderful ingredient! Image
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Kitchenangel wrote:
To be honest, I should be cooking right now, the kids need feeding at the very least (plain grilled chicken and pepper kebabs),
So when you say (or type) "peppers" do you mean green bell peppers? That's generally the default meaning here in my part of the USA.

QJuju well done
well done

Steak and yard bird... photos to follow...

BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sorry - phone was out of juice when I started the cook and I had no time to recharge. No pics, but then it wasn't that great a cook anyway. :twisted:

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Kitchenangel wrote:
To be honest, I should be cooking right now, the kids need feeding at the very least (plain grilled chicken and pepper kebabs),
So when you say (or type) "peppers" do you mean green bell peppers? That's generally the default meaning here in my part of the USA.

Red bell peppers as you know it, I think!!. Nobody ever wants the green ones round here :) The only thing i ever have them in, is beef with green pepper and black bean sauce from the chinese take-away!!

I am always a bit flummoxed with all the gazzillion types of chillies/peppers you guys have!!

Ang

Trollby well done
well done

Decided to do up some venison steak kebob style

Return to General Discussion