Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Corned Beef

Corned Beef

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 am

Now I have made and smoked my own corn beef but was wondering if anyone has tryed "corning" beef short ribs and then cooking those low and slow. Seems like its almost the same type of meat in a way

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:42 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Electricknight wrote:
Now I have made and smoked my own corn beef but was wondering if anyone has tryed "corning" beef short ribs and then cooking those low and slow. Seems like its almost the same type of meat in a way

First things first-- Big welcome Electriclight!!! :cheers:

Hmmm..., I've corned a brisket to make pastrami, but never have tried beef short ribs. I do like your creative thinking! And there's no law of which I know that pastrami has to be made from brisket. Perhaps someone else here can better inform you. :D
Got beer???

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:44 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Electricknight, and I think you have an interesting idea. Were you thinking of using boneless short ribs?

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:42 am
QJuju well done
well done

Welcome aboard! I haven't tried making pastrami short ribs, but I am intrigued. Be sure to share should you give it a go.

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:03 am
sroach well done
well done

Welcome to the board!!

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:49 am

I was thinking bone in Beef Short Ribs.

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome aboard, Electricknight!:D

And yes - you can "pastramify" short ribs. (If that's not already a word, I guess I just invented it.) I usually do them boneless, but I'd imagine that bone-in would not only work well, but the bone would give them even more flavor too. It couldn't hurt at all to try.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion