Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Char-B-Cue Chicken

Char-B-Cue Chicken

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 27, 2013 2:12 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

:bbq:

Last night I was debating whether to go burger or chicken (right Dyal?). Well, since I had to grill some chicken for doggie, and she was willing to share a breast with me, I went that route.

What follows is something I hope will be amusing and entertaining, but if you have children in the room, you might want to have them leave unless they are of VERY responsible age.

Okay, you all know I'm a real char fan on occasion, and what better to get that effect than on a CharGriller, yes? So when you look at this flare up, know it's by design and not accident. Here we go friends (and I hit them up with seasoned salt and lemon pepper).

And here they are all grilled up, with my piece sauced. Yellow corn in the foil. Luv yellow corn,... In fact I'd rather frozen yellow over fresh white any day. But that's just me.

And added a twist this time... topped the chicken with a slice of Deluxe American. O so happy I did! Included the imported green beans from France as well. :D

Got beer???

Post Mon May 27, 2013 10:58 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice birds, BC!

Are they a really, really dark brown? I say that every time my chicken gets a good char on it, to distinguish it from "black", which is burnt. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon May 27, 2013 12:04 pm
QJuju well done
well done

Cheese? Hm... never tried it, but sounds like you liked it so I think I will. Nice cook.

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:20 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm familiar with cheese on a chicken sandwich but never thought about putting it on an actual piece - definitely worth a try!

So was the flareup from just the chicken or did you do something to stimulate it?

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:47 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks, Gurys! :D

Canada wrote:
Are they a really, really dark brown? I say that every time my chicken gets a good char on it, to distinguish it from "black", which is burnt.

Well, both brown and black, Canada. Call this my "blackened" chicken. :lol: I remember someone once hear featured a signature slogan something like, "It ain't burnt... It's barbecue!"

Qjuju wrote:
Cheese? Hm... never tried it, but sounds like you liked it so I think I will. Nice cook.

I really did enjoy it, Qjuju. Most happy I tried it. I found it balance quite well with the strength of the sauce.

SC wrote:
So was the flareup from just the chicken or did you do something to stimulate it?

The chicken volunteered itself, Brad. No need for stimulants. I remember one time I had a guest over and I was cooking a huge batch, which meant more potential. Scared the devil out of him! :lol:
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion