Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Kabobs & Omelettes

Kabobs & Omelettes

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue May 21, 2013 8:57 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Last night I grilled up some kabobs. I marinated a flat iron steak in a spicy mango marinade, grilled some green/yellow/red bell peppers, onions & pineapple chunks. Unlike most people, when I do kabobs I grill each like item together. This allows me to grill each item to the correct done-ness. I've found that if you try to mix it up on the kabobs that you end up over-grilling or under-grilling one thing or another so I grill them separate with better results. Anyhow, I only got one shot of the finished kabobs.

While eating the kabobs and looking at all of the leftovers, it came to me that I had all of the perfect ingredients for omelettes so I knew what we were going to have for supper tonight. Mrs Tex is the omelette-cooking queen, so she took over the cooking this evening.

How about a little Sucklebusters Gunpowder to kick up the intensity a notch

Topped with some Texas Heat....Why not? :thumbup:

tex 8)
Last edited by tex_toby on Wed May 22, 2013 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 pm
sroach well done
well done

Tex,

A true work of art! It looks delicious. Looks like you have perfected the omelet. I love when you can use leftovers to create another meal.
Last edited by sroach on Thu May 23, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed May 22, 2013 2:42 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Get in my belly now!!! Fabulous looking eats, Toby! How about that?-- I kabob just like you (and Cindi Lauper "She Bob" :lol: ) Like items on the same skewer. :D :thumbup:
Got beer???

Post Wed May 22, 2013 7:45 am
QJuju well done
well done

tex_toby wrote:
Unlike most people, when I do kabobs I grill each like item together. This allows me to grill each item to the correct done-ness. I've found that if you try to mix it up on the kabobs that you end up over-grilling or under-grilling one thing or another so I grill them separate with better results.

That's a great tip and I totally agree!

First, the kabobs looked delicious and second, that omelette had to be super flavorful. You know I am so shigging this idea for my omelettes this weekend! :D I will be giving you credit though, the Tex_Toby omelette is on the way.

Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:07 am
Griffin well done
well done

Fantastic looking 'bobs and omelette. We also seperate our items out onto different skewers for the same reason.

I've got some of that gunpowder. I need to break it out and try it. I've been a bit intimidated by it.

Post Wed May 22, 2013 10:50 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great looking kabobs, tex!

sroach wrote:
Tex,

I true work of art! It looks delicious. Looks like you have perfected the omelet. I love when you can use leftovers to create another meal.

Most of my meals are like that. I usually cook enough for a couple of meals, which is why I like to get it right the first time - it makes better lunches. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu May 23, 2013 7:48 am
sroach well done
well done

Me too CBG,

It's funny when you start thinking OK, pork loin tonight, pork fried rice tuesday night, Brisket Sunday night, Chili Monday night. it's all about the next step.

Post Thu May 23, 2013 9:02 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

tex_toby wrote:
Unlike most people, when I do kabobs I grill each like item together. This allows me to grill each item to the correct done-ness.
It also makes picky eaters like me very happy when we can take only what we like! :lol:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 12:06 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Outstanding! You Texas people seem to know your way around a grill. :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion