Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Your Favorite Beer for the Pit?

Your Favorite Beer for the Pit?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:40 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Dgrey87 wrote:
I'm kind of into spanish/latin beer like san miguel or corona

Welcome to the board, DGrey87! :cheers:

The first place I had ice-cold San Miguel was in Torremolinos, Spain back in 1988 at a bar called Nick's. Back then it was a famous bar catering mostly to Navy personnel. The place had hundreds of pictures and other memorabilia from every ship's crew that docked in Malaga just down the coast. There were items from U.S., Canadian, British, other NATO countries, Israeli and even a few Russian ships. And the burgers and fries were excellent. :D

The thing that was neat about this particular bar was that the beer was almost superchilled. If you left the bottle out for a few minutes it actually formed a thin coat of ice, not just the usual condensation. That really beat the heat out there, and that's saying something as some of the days there were as hot and humid as places I've visited on the US Gulf Coast.

It took me a few years to figure out how to duplicate that technique, and all it involved was setting the beer fridge to 35 or 36 degrees. That's about as cold as my beer fridge can go, but it works great.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:56 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I just got done with some mowing and an ice-cold beer like that sounds great! And Mrs. Chicken just got back from the grocery store so my fingers are crossed... :wink:

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:56 pm
BchrisL User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

I buy Sam Adams by the case at Costco and keep in the little frig I bought for the kids when they were in college. It's my little frig now! Melody brought home some 20 ounce mugs she found at Salvation Army and it takes two bottles to fill one mug.

That little frig also holds the briskets and butts when they are sitting wrapped with rub overnight so the main frig doesn't small like onions and garlic.
Gustatus Similis Pullus

Large Big Green Egg
Lodge Hibachi
Charbroil Gas Grill

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:19 am
grillmarks rare
rare

I think it's important to remember you really can't go wrong with beer and barbequing. I enjoy using different micro beers, especially as the seasons change. I have a locally brewery which makes a killer winter ale. The beer with the chicken made a for an excellent combination. Experiment, try new things besides that's half the fun of BBQ.

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:05 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Welcome to the board grillmarks. I agree with you 100% I'm a homebrewer and a beer geek. So I am always open to different beers.
:cheers:

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:01 pm

This week I went with Easy Street Wheat as I cooked up a Bison Flank Steak and cedar planked a salmon fillet
IMG_0672.jpg
IMG_0672.jpg (11.77 KiB) Viewed 489 times

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:50 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Those of you who home-brew might enjoy this episode of Wisconsin Foodie. It features George Bregar of Milwaukee and his home setup is pretty darn impressive:

http://wisconsinfoodie.com/2014/07/16/home-brew/

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Nice video. I'm jealous of his homebrewing set up.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:27 pm
BchrisL User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Those of you who home-brew might enjoy this episode of Wisconsin Foodie. It features George Bregar of Milwaukee and his home setup is pretty darn impressive:

http://wisconsinfoodie.com/2014/07/16/home-brew/

That link led me to,not only the beer but a whole smorgus board of foodie videos. I particularly liked the baker and the cheese maker segments.
Gustatus Similis Pullus

Large Big Green Egg
Lodge Hibachi
Charbroil Gas Grill

Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:21 am
grillmarks rare
rare

I checked my local World Market and they did not have it. I asked the store employee about the beer and she said they could order in it for me. I am looking forward to trying it this weekend. Beer, BBQ, and a long holiday weekend doesn't get much better than that!

Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:47 pm
azza2594 rare
rare

One that's cold and in abundance. But never Corona.

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:33 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:41 am
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Can't go wrong with Fat Tire!

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:09 pm

For you dark beer drinkers out there, try a Warsteiner Dunkel. This stuff puts the "oooo in smooth!"

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:38 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

I'll look to see if it is availible by me.

Previous

Return to General Discussion