Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Barbq Chicken with Asian barbq sauce

Barbq Chicken with Asian barbq sauce

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue May 07, 2013 8:04 pm
sroach well done
well done

Found a nice recipe for barb sauce with an asian flare. Hoisin, soy, mustard, cider vinegar.

Grilled up some chicken (Legs and Breast) brushing on the sauce every 10 minutes.

I have to say, even cooking the chicken direct I didn't get many flare up with the BGE, what a great grill. Probably some of the nicest grilled chicken I have done, not charred in some spots.

Cooked them direct for about 15 minutes then moved them to a indirect side (no lump underneath) for another 20-25 minutes. Egg was at 500° most of the time.

The skin was the best part, really juicy chicken! Paired it up with a home made Mac & Cheese my wife cooked up. :bbq:

Post Wed May 08, 2013 10:28 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You got some nice color on the chicken! Did the other ingredients do a good job of balancing the sweetness of the hoisin sauce?

Post Wed May 08, 2013 4:13 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Really good-looking chicken, sroach! I especially like the mustard seeds. Hoisin sauce can burn easily, so it looks like you found a way around that issue.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed May 08, 2013 4:32 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Wolf whistle!!! :heart: :thumbup:
Got beer???

Post Wed May 08, 2013 5:06 pm
sroach well done
well done

Thanks Guys,

@SC - it was a nice balanced flavored, the mustard and cider balanced out the hoisin nicely. The sauce had a nice flavor once it baked on the chicken.

@Canada - it was a spicy mustard (wet) that was added, once the sauce was added I moved it to the indirect side, you are right the sauce would have burned up other wise.

Return to General Discussion