Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion It's the weekend!

It's the weekend!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri May 03, 2013 12:30 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Since I'm homebound this weekend I'll be firing up the grill, but for what hasn't yet been decided. I read an interesting marinade recipe on another board so maybe it's time to cook up the first round steak from this year's beef purchase...maybe Sunday night when Mrs. Chicken's at work. Pork chops or steaks sound good for tomorrow.

Nothing tonight, though - really crummy weather (but at least it's not snowing) means fish sticks in the toaster oven! :wink:

Post Fri May 03, 2013 2:01 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

My first big bash of the year - The famous "Cinco De Mayo" grill happens on Saturday. 7 pounds of Flap, 7 pounds of chicken thighs. Marinating these tonight, along with finishing salsa's and the rice. Beans are already done, pickled some jalapenos. 3 Cases beer. We are ready for the "big day"!
36" Argentine Grill
WSM 22.5, Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Performer
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Fri May 03, 2013 3:17 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

First, Congratulations on being world famous now, Brad (making home page news)! :D
Ha!-- I made me some Freddy's fingers last Friday myself with chips-- great quick comfort food. Tonight however, I've got to try a special kind of fish burger. I hope to attempt a Mexican style pizza and pork butt as well.
Got beer???

Post Fri May 03, 2013 8:58 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Doing some home improvement (painting the living room) while smoke up a pork butt tomorrow. :) Figured my love of smoking meat will compensate for my hate of painting. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri May 03, 2013 9:18 pm
sroach well done
well done

Trying to put some final touches on my barbq table, but will have that thing fired up as I work...

Post Fri May 03, 2013 9:48 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Cutting down 3/4 acres of last year's overgrown grass (because the snow came 3 weeks early and left 5 weeks late), sawing down some trees, digging some new garden beds, and doing some other shop work and landscaping.

Oh - and likely putting new wheels on the Outlaw and repainting the side firebox. Darn puny wheels don 't like gravel.

Somewhere in there I'll find time to grill. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion