Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Remembering back... Steven

Remembering back... Steven

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat May 04, 2013 12:24 am
JD_Smokes well done
well done

Old Smoker wrote:
So come on back and let the flames begin!

I'm sorry but I chuckled a little when I read this, I mean isn't that what starts arguments.. :lol: ... I think we are all aware by now of what flaming can mean and please understand I saw it as humorous in my own twisted little way. Yep, I'm still here.

+1 That was funny. :D

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
1) Steven has been posting a bit more in the past 2 1/2 years than previously, if that's any consolation. Keep in mind that for a fair bit of time he was also touring the planet picking up recipes for Planet Barbecue, starting up Primal Grill, and so on so he's busy.

I appreciate your point, but this item is sort of a copout to me (posted on SR's behalf). I know from times past that SR typically doesn't respond on the board to anyone including folks that ask questions directly of him (I didn't read all 76 posts he's made but the majority are just announcements about books, SR branded gear, new blog post, etc.). Heck two of his posts today were exact duplicates not too far up from this one. First one spoke of the launch and will be around more (judgement reserved on that). Then someone posted after that and addressed him directly...the response post to that was a form letter copy/paste of the last launch statement and about being more involved. That's ironically amusing.

But to that end, you said he's posted more in the past 2 1/2 years than previously...to put that in context...and we're talking about 76 posts TOTAL 9 years 11 months. Being so few I did a quick count of posts by year out of morbid curiosity while sitting here watching TV:
2003-6
2004-23
2005-7
2006-5
2007-4
2008-0
2009-0
2010-5
2011-14
2012-10
2013-4

With the exception of 2004, your assessment was correct. But really over 24 months without a single post on a site branded with his name? Maybe part of the issue is the lack of engagement. I know that always made me wonder when I was a regular poster before.

Anyway, I've been gone for a while so I'll leave it at just my five cents. :D
Eating meat is murder.....mmmm, tasty, tasty murder.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Post Wed May 08, 2013 3:34 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

JD_Smokes wrote:
... Heck two of his posts today were exact duplicates not too far up from this one. First one spoke of the launch and will be around more (judgement reserved on that). Then someone posted after that and addressed him directly...the response post to that was a form letter copy/paste of the last launch statement and about being more involved. That's ironically amusing. ...

:D

I can imagine that beercuer fellow felt a bit embarrassed, insulted, and maybe even disrespected by such turn of events in such a peculiar manner. :oops: :cry:
Got beer???

Previous

Return to General Discussion