Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Sad news: our barbecue community looses a great friend

Sad news: our barbecue community looses a great friend

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

I have some sad news: Publishing, the BBQ Board and our BBQ community, and Steven Raichlen have lost a great friend with the death of Workman Publishing founder Peter Workman. Peter was the visionary behind such amazing books as The Silver Palate, The New Basics, 1000 Places to See Before You Die, and of course The Barbecue Bible cookbook series.
For an appreciation, click here: http://ow.ly/jQrLc We will miss you, Peter.
Attachments
Peter w bus.JPG
Peter w bus.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 585 times

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Our condolences to Peter's family and friends and his extended family at Workman Publishing. I believe our first Workman book was "What To Expect When You're Expecting".

Brad

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

My first Workman book was The Barbecue Bible, actually, though I have several of their gardening books and others now. Once again, our condolences.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

d_holck well done
well done

Thoughts for the family... nuclear and extended...
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I mentioned above that I had a few Workman titles, but until today I didn't realize how many. I reorganized my library this morning and discovered literally 2 dozen more titles.

This led me to check out Workman's catalog online, and after browsing through it for over an hour I finally realized how truly amazing a company that Peter Workman built. Once again, my condolences go out to his family, friends and staff - he will be missed.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion